|One News Page|
“Probably the fastest-access news portal in the world”
One News Page Help: Member ServicesRegistered members have free access to a number of services available on the One News Page website, including:
* Live news alerts by email: We'll monitor the world's news for your search terms
* Ability to mark particular news headlines as favorites, and retrieve them at any time
* Retrieve headline references by email
In order to access member services you will first need to register as a One News Page member.
Registration is free and very simple:
* Click the [sign-up] button in the top-right corner
* Complete the registration page and click [Sign up]
* Check your email account for a verification email from us and click on the link contained within it
(should you not receive this email within a few minutes, please check your spam folder as well)
* You'll receive a further email with your logon details, including an auto-generated password
* Sign into your newly created member account by clicking the [Sign-in] button
Once signed in, you should see links to member services appear in the top-right area of the screen:
* Alerts - allows you to configure your live news alerts
* Favorites - view news headlines you marked as favorites
* Settings - amend your member account settings, such as creating a new password
(recommended upon first sign-in)
* Sign Out - log out of your member account (recommended after using a publicly shared computer)
* Other Member Features - including instantly receiving news references by email
Our live news alerts provide a valuable news monitoring tool, yet are very easy to set up and use.
To create a live news alert, simply enter a search term into the Search Term input box and press the Enter key or click on [Add News Alert].
Search terms can either be a single word, or a combination of multiple words - all of which must occur in any order for a news story to match and trigger the alert. In order to match an exact phrase, enter it with double-quotation marks, e.g. "Hurricane Warning".
To monitor for multiple search terms, simply enter them to create separate news alerts.
Configured news alerts appear in the section below the configuration area. New alerts are enabled immediately by default and any matching news references are either tweeted or emailed to you as they happen. There is a maximum of three live tweets / emails daily per configured alert, and any further matching news references are listed in a summary email at the end of the day.
For each configured news alert, you can temporarily disable our monitoring by pausing it. Paused alerts can be re-initiated at any time by clicking on the [Enable] link.
Finally, any alert can be deleted permanently by clicking on the [Delete] link on the right hand side. Note: This action will not prompt you for confirmation - so should you accidentally delete an alert, simply re-configure a new one for the same search term.
You can mark any headline as a favorite by clicking on the small star icon. The Favorites section allows you to retrieve and view your favorite headlines.
The account settings page contains your account details and preference settings.
In order to make any changes you will need to enter your account password in the first input field at the top. To set a new password, enter it twice in the "New Password" section towards the bottom of the page and click [Update Account Settings]. Note that the account password needs to consist of a minimum of 6 characters.
Once signed-in, you automatically stay logged into your member account for a month. If you use a shared computer, we recommend you sign out at the end of your session by clicking the [Sign Out] link.
Other Member Features
The action icons for each news headline include an email action for signed-in members. Clicking this email icon will instantly send and email to your registered email address with a reference to the corresponding news headline. Once sent, the mail icon turns green. Retrieving headline references by email this way allows you to keep a record of interesting news in your inbox and easily forward news references to friends and colleagues by email.
One News Page Help Topics: Help Home - Site Features - Member Services - Action Icons
|Environmentally friendly: One News Page is hosted on servers powered solely by renewable energy|
RSS | News for my Website | Free news search widget | Help | Contact us | DMCA / Content Removal
How are we doing? Send us your feedback | LIKE us on Facebook FOLLOW us on Twitter FIND us on Google+