Police Who Fatally Shot Black Man in Charlotte Will Not be Charged
Wednesday, 30 November 2016 No charges will be filed against the police officer who shot and killed a black man in Charlotte, North Carolina in September. “I believe Officer Vinson acted lawfully,” District Attorney of Charlotte-Mecklenburg Andrew Murray announced Wednesday, saying that 15 prosecutors on the team voted unanimously in the case of Keith Lamont Scott. Murray showed surveillance footage of Keith Lamont Scott from a convenience store he visited earlier that day showing a bulge on his ankle, bearing a...
A North Carolina prosecutor said a Charlotte officer acted lawfully in the killing of Keith Lamont Scott. Yet lawyers for the family of Scott say they still have questions as they consider whether to file a lawsuit. (Nov. 30)
Cell phone video recorded by bystanders in a Columbus, Ohio store appears to show police officers using excessive force on a black man who police said was... Raw Story - USAlso reported by •Seattle Times