Steven Paul Jobs was an American entrepreneur, marketer, and inventor, who was the cofounder, chairman, and CEO of Apple Inc.
Through Apple, he is widely recognized as a charismatic and design-driven pioneer of the personal computer revolution and for his influential career in the computer and consumer electronics fields, transforming "one industry after another, from computers and smartphones to music and movies." Jobs served as chief executive of Pixar Animation Studios; he became a member of the board of directors of The Walt Disney Company in 2006, when Disney acquired Pixar.
Jobs was among the first to see the commercial potential of Xerox PARC's mouse-driven graphical user interface, which led to the creation of the Apple Lisa and a year later, the Macintosh.
He played a role in introducing the LaserWriter, the first laser printer to feature vector graphics that started desktop publishing to the market.
After a power struggle with the board of directors in 1985, Jobs left Apple and founded NeXT, a computer platform development company specializing in the higher-education and business markets.
The S&P 500 and Nasdaq hit record highs on Monday before sliding into the close at the start of the busiest week of third-quarter earnings. The S&P 500 closed without a 3% drawdown for a 242nd.. Business Insider
Before Apple cofounder Steve Jobs died of cancer in 2011, he had a friendship with Bill Clinton. In the middle of the Lewinsky scandal, Jobs even gave Clinton advice. The details of the relationship.. Source: Wochit Headline News -
The September jobs report showed a stunning drop in net nonfarm payrolls by 33,000, the first time the US economy shed jobs since 2010. State-level data released on Friday made clear that most of the.. Source: Wochit News -
Remember the Mac mini? Tech Radar reports that it's been over three years since Apple updated the compact computer. But according to Tim Cook, Apple's CEO, they have not forgotten about it. Following.. Source: Wochit Headline News -
Renaissance artist and inventor Leonardo da Vinci is one of history's most creative geniuses and is behind two of the world's most famous paintings: "The Last Supper" and "Mona Lisa." Bestselling.. Source: CBS News -
While Steve Jobs had friendly ties with President Bill Clinton and the then-First Lady Hillary Clinton -- and hosted Jobs on several occasions -- the White House did reject two of Jobs's suggestions.. AppleInsider
· *Interviews with Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and other tech elites consistently reveal that Silicon Valley parents are strict about technology use.*
· *A new book suggests the signs may have been.. Business Insider
Today marks the 16th anniversary of the debut of the first iPod, which was introduced by Apple on October 23, 2001. Then Apple CEO Steve Jobs stood on stage at the Apple Town Hall in Cupertino and.. MacRumours.com
· *Netflix announced plans to raise $1.6 billion in debt.*
· *The funds will be for general purpose uses, including funding new content.*
· *Shares are ticking higher, up 0.32% ahead of the.. Business Insider
Tech companies and NFL quarterbacks have a surprising amount in common.
While tech stocks carry outsize influence, often dictating the direction of the whole market, professional football teams are.. Business Insider
· *Right after the stock market crashed on Oct. 19, 1987, Robert Shiller sent investors a questionnaire to figure out what caused it. *
· *His research showed that trader panic was as culpable as.. Business Insider
· *Bitcoin is closing in on the $6,000 mark for the first time on Friday,* trading up 5.1% $5988 a coin, according to Bloomberg data.
· The reason for Friday's sudden spike is unclear.
· The.. Business Insider
· *Morgan Stanley thinks the GM-Lyft relationship has "changed significantly."*
· *GM hasn't indicated the relationship has changed in any way.*
· *Partnerships in ride-hailing, ride-sharing, and.. Business Insider
· Shares of GE are down 6.91% to $21.96 after the company reported disappointing earnings and slashed forecasts.
· GE reported an adjusted profit of $0.29 per share, much lower than the $0.49 per.. Business Insider
Dave Lutz, head of ETFs at JonesTrading, has an overview of today's markets.
· Most of the global markets are green.
· The US Senate passed a budget Thursday night and both the dollar and.. Business Insider
Adobe was famously panned by the late Steve Jobs, who wasn't a fan of Flash. But Adobe is thriving even as it seems Jobs was right. Flash is going away, but Adobe is at an all-time high thanks to its.. CNNMoney
Elon Musk can officially sell anything — including a simple ball cap for a very nascent venture.
Musk is selling a Boring Company hat for $20; it's the first official swag item from the.. Business Insider
Apple launched the iPhone 8 and the iPhone X on September 12 at the company’s new Apple Park headquarters, and the main event took place at the already famous Steve Jobs theater. And while everything.. Softpedia
What would it take to cause Apple to fail? While Steve Jobs was alive, the prevalent belief was that it would take his removal from the company. That has happened, but Apple's valuation and reserves.. TechNewsWorld Also reported by •MacNewsWorld
You may have credits that can be applied to purchases waiting in your Amazon account.
The free credits which can be applied to any product on Amazon.com are funded by Apple as result of a.. Business Insider