Edition: Global  
One News Page
“Probably the fastest-access news portal in the world”
> >

UK Man Electrocuted in Bath While Charging iPhone

Duration: 00:58s - Published: < > Embed
News video: UK Man Electrocuted in Bath While Charging iPhoneA U.K. man who was charging his iPhone while taking a bath accidentally electrocuted himself. A U.K. man who was reportedly charging his iPhone while taking a bath accidentally electrocuted himself.  According to the Daily Mail, the incident occurred on December 11 when 32-year-old Richard Bull’s wife found him in the bathtub with severe burns; he was pronounced dead at his home.  Officer Craig Pattison indicated to the West London Coroner's Court that suicide had initially been considered a possible cause, but, in his words, “...the cable wasn't near the bath, it had been run there to charge a mobile phone. The extension cable was on the floor and it appeared as though he had his phone charger on his chest and the part between the phone charger and the cable had made contact with the water.”  Based on the victim’s burn marks, assistant coroner Dr. Sean Cummings recently ruled the death an accident “occurring as a result of electrocution.”  Dr. Cummings says he plans to write to Apple in the hopes that the company will warn customers about the dangers of possible electrocution.  Other safety advocates have also spoken out since the incident; Sheila Merrill, adviser with the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, told the BBC, “If you have got any appliance attached to the mains electricity circuit, you have to be aware there is a danger there. You're risking death. Electricity and water don't mix, but particularly with phones, people probably don't always think about it.”

0
shares
Share on
Facebook
Share on
Twitter
Post on 
Reddit
Share by
Email
 

Recent related news

Man died in bath while charging iPhone in UK: Probe

Richard Bull, who was charging the phone which was resting on his chest, suffered severe burns when...
DNA - WorldAlso reported by •The Next WebGrimsby TelegraphPCMag.com


Apple wins trial against Chinese smartphone maker for iPhone 6, iPhone 6s patents

Apple has won a trial against a Chinese phone maker in Beijing as a court overturned a ruling against...
BGR India - Technology

iPhone bath death prompts warning from safety campaigners

iPhone bath death prompts warning from safety campaignersA 32-YEAR-OLD man has died after charging his iPhone while in the bath, prompting warnings from...
Scunthorpe Telegraph - UK

iPhone user died from electrocution as he charged his handset while in the bath

iPhone user died from electrocution as he charged his handset while in the bathA man died from electrocution recently when the charger connected to his iPhone touched the bath...
Digital Trends - TechnologyAlso reported by •PCMag.com


Warrant for arrest of man charged with stealing £3.5k from...

Warrant for arrest of man charged with stealing £3.5k from...A warrant has been issued for the arrest of a man charged with stealing £3,500 from a central Bath...
Bath Chronicle - UK

No formal identification before inquest opening after man's body...

No formal identification before inquest opening after man's body...An inquest could be opened this week following the discovery of a body near Bath last week, but the...
Bath Chronicle - UK

Film Student Spies on His Cell Phone Thief, Makes a Rousing Documentary

Losing a phone has always been a nightmare for the cell phone owner; but for this time, tables...
WorldNews - Front Page

BREAKING: Man found dead on Tunley Hill near Bath

BREAKING: Man found dead on Tunley Hill near BathA man has been found dead on Tunley Hill near Bath. The body was spotted by a member of the public at...
Bath Chronicle - UKAlso reported by •Frome Standard


Intoxicated man who caused havoc on Bath bus before assaulting...

Intoxicated man who caused havoc on Bath bus before assaulting...A man who caused drunken havoc on a Bath bus before assaulting two police sergeants has avoided...
Bath Chronicle - UK

Man fined nearly £500 for offensive slur at The Grapes pub...

Man fined nearly £500 for offensive slur at The Grapes pub...A man has been fined almost £500 for an offensive slur at a central Bath pub. Johnathon...
Bath Chronicle - UK


You Might Like

Environmentally friendly: One News Page is hosted on servers powered solely by renewable energy
© 2017 One News Page Ltd. All Rights Reserved.  |  About us  |  Disclaimer  |  Press Room  |  Terms & Conditions  |  Privacy Policy  |  Content Accreditation
 RSS  |  News for my Website  |  Free news search widget  |  Help  |  Contact us  |  DMCA / Content Removal
How are we doing? Send us your feedback  |   LIKE us on Facebook   FOLLOW us on Twitter   FIND us on Google+