Global  

Celebrating 10 Years of Trusted News Discovery
One News Page
> >

Indonesians

People from Indonesia

Indonesians    ▸ Facts   ▸ Comments   ▸ News   ▸ Videos   

Indonesians: People from Indonesia
Indonesians are citizens of Indonesia, regardless of their race, ethnicity or religious background. There are about 300 ethnicities in Indonesia, a multicultural archipelagic country with a diversity of languages, culture and religious beliefs. The population of Indonesia according to the 2010 national census was 237.64 million, and it was estimated to reach 255.4 million in 2015. 51% live on the island of Java, the world's most populous island. Around 95% of Indonesians are Native Indonesians, with Javanese forming the majority, while the other 5% are Indonesians with ancestry from foreign origin, such as Chinese Indonesians.

0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 

Indonesia's election: what you need to know

Indonesians voted in the world's biggest single-day election across the sprawling equatorial archipelago on Wednesday following a six-month campaign to choose a new president and parliament.
Reuters - Published

Economy, conservative Islam in spotlight as Indonesia goes to the polls

Indonesians voted on Wednesday to pick a new president and parliament after a six-month campaign in the sprawling equatorial archipelago dominated by economic issues but also marked by the growing..
Reuters - Published

Videos for Indonesians

Indonesians Votes In Major Election [Video]Indonesians Votes In Major Election

(CNN)Indonesians head to the polls Wednesday to vote in the world's biggest single-day elections that will see incumbent President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo face off against longtime rival and former army..

Credit: Wochit News     Duration: 00:50Published

Indonesians await 'quick count' after country's biggest election [Video]Indonesians await 'quick count' after country's biggest election

Polls close in presidential and legislative elections in a country that has more than 190 million registered to vote.

Credit: Al Jazeera STUDIO     Duration: 02:13Published

Wounded And Alone, Children Emerge From Last Islamic State Enclave [Video]Wounded And Alone, Children Emerge From Last Islamic State Enclave

According to Reuters, Hareth Najem fled Islamic State’s last enclave in eastern Syria wounded and alone. The Iraqi orphan’s family had died two years earlier in air strikes across the border...

Credit: Wochit News     Duration: 00:38Published

 

Voting underway in Indonesia, world's biggest one-day election

Indonesians began voting in the world's biggest single-day election on Wednesday as polling stations opened in the east of the sprawling equatorial archipelago following a six-month campaign to choose..
Reuters - Published

Indonesians choose president, parliament in world's biggest one-day vote

Indonesians vote in the world's biggest single-day election on Wednesday, with polling stations opening first in the east of the sprawling equatorial archipelago after a six-month campaign to choose a..
Reuters - Published

Explainer: Indonesia's election: the people, issues and preparations

More than 192 million Indonesians are eligible to vote in presidential and parliamentary elections on Wednesday after campaigns focused on the economy, but with political Islam looming large over the..
Reuters - Published

Indonesians to vote in world's biggest single-day election

Tens of millions of Indonesians will vote in presidential and parliamentary elections this week after campaigns focused on the economy, but with political Islam looming ever larger in the world's..
Reuters - Published

You Might Like


Environmentally friendly: One News Page is hosted on servers powered solely by renewable energy
© 2019 One News Page Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
About us  |  Contact us  |  Disclaimer  |  Press Room  |  Terms & Conditions  |  Content Accreditation
 RSS  |  News for my Website  |  Free news search widget  |  In the News  |  DMCA / Content Removal  |  Privacy & Data Protection Policy
How are we doing? FeedbackSend us your feedback  |   LIKE us on Facebook   FOLLOW us on Twitter  •  FOLLOW us on Pinterest
One News® is a registered trademark of One News Page Ltd.