A supreme leader
typically refers to the person among a number of leaders of a state, organization or other such group who has been given or is able to exercise the most – or complete – authority over it. In a religion, this role is usually satisfied by a person deemed to be the representative or manifestation of a god or gods on Earth. In politics, a supreme leader usually has a cult of personality associated with them, such as below:
- Adolf Hitler (Führer) in Germany
- Benito Mussolini (Duce) in Italy
- Emperor Hirohito (Tenno) in Japan
- Joseph Stalin (Vozhd) in the Soviet Union
- The Supreme Leader of North Korea
- The Paramount Leader and leadership core of China
- General Secretary of the Communist Party in Communist states
- The Supreme Leader of Iran
No news matches foundSorry, we were unable to find any results in our database for your query
Free news archive access
Did you know?
You are eligible to search our news archive with millions of news references free of charge.
To do this, please sign in first at the top of the screen.
• Information about free access to our news archive
Search this site and the web:
You Might Like