Global  

Celebrating 10 Years of Trusted News Discovery
One News Page
> >

California sues over $1B in canceled high-speed rail money

SeattlePI.com Tuesday, 21 May 2019
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California has sued to block the administration of President Donald Trump from cancelling nearly $1 billion for the state's high-speed rail project.

The lawsuit filed Tuesday comes after the administration revoked the funding last week.

Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom has called the move illegal and says it's political retribution for California's resistance to Trump's immigration policies.

The state also plans to file for a temporary restraining order blocking the administration from awarding the money to another project.

The $929 million comes with the requirement that California complete a 119-mile (192-kilometer) segment of track in the state's Central Valley agricultural heartland and environmental work on the entire line by 2022.

The Federal Railroad Administration says California can't meet that deadline.

The state ultimately hopes to link Los Angeles and San Francisco.
0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 
Credit: Wochit News - Published < > Embed
News video: California Sues U.S. Government Over Rail Funding

California Sues U.S. Government Over Rail Funding 00:37

Reuters reports the state of California sued the Trump administration on Tuesday after the government confirmed last week it will withhold the $929 million awarded to the state in 2010 for high-speed rail funding. The governor’s office said California plans to seek a temporary restraining order...

You Might Like


Recent related videos from verified sources

Trump and California are at odds [Video]Trump and California are at odds

On Wednesday the Trump administration agreed not to immediately redirect nearly $1 billion it is withholding from California’s high-speed rail project, one of several disputes between Republican..

Credit: Rumble     Duration: 01:03Published

Trump And California Are At Odds [Video]Trump And California Are At Odds

On Wednesday the Trump administration agreed not to immediately redirect nearly $1 billion it is withholding from California’s high-speed rail project, one of several disputes between Republican..

Credit: Wochit News     Duration: 01:02Published

Trump Administration Won’t Immediately Give Away $1B It Revoked For California Rail [Video]Trump Administration Won’t Immediately Give Away $1B It Revoked For California Rail

The Trump administration has said it will not immediately give $1 billion it revoked from California’s high-speed rail project to another project. Matt Yurus reports.

Credit: CBS Dallas Digital     Duration: 00:28Published

California sues U.S. government over rail funding [Video]California sues U.S. government over rail funding

Reuters reports the state of California sued the Trump administration on Tuesday after the government confirmed last week it will withhold the $929 million awarded to the state in 2010 for high-speed..

Credit: Rumble     Duration: 00:37Published


Other recent news in Business

BITCOIN surges over $15000 off back of Facebook's LibraThe Latest: WAYFAIR workers protest sale to detention center
Environmentally friendly: One News Page is hosted on servers powered solely by renewable energy
© 2019 One News Page Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
About us  |  Contact us  |  Disclaimer  |  Press Room  |  Terms & Conditions  |  Content Accreditation
 RSS  |  News for my Website  |  Free news search widget  |  In the News  |  DMCA / Content Removal  |  Privacy & Data Protection Policy
How are we doing? FeedbackSend us your feedback  |   LIKE us on Facebook   FOLLOW us on Twitter  •  FOLLOW us on Pinterest
One News® is a registered trademark of One News Page Ltd.