Global  

Aftermath Silver unveils new Cachinal project resource estimate showing 16.32 million indicated ounces of silver

Proactive Investors Wednesday, 16 September 2020
Shares in Aftermath Silver Ltd (CVE:AAG) (OTCQB:AAGFF) nudged higher on Wednesday as the group reported a CIM (Canada) compliant resource estimate for its Cachinal silver-gold project in Chile, showing 16.32 million ounces of silver in the higher confidence indicated category. Of those, 15.03 million ounces were in an open pit and 1.29 million ounces were underground. READ: Aftermath Silver closes upsized non-brokered private placement of 26,362,442 shares for gross proceeds of $17,135,587 Meanwhile, indicated gold ounces came in at 21,700 ounces, using a cut-off grade of 0.13 grams per ton (g/t), while the silver ounces had a cut-off of 101 g/t. Put simply, this means any material that was below these grades was not included in the resource. Total inferred (lower confidence) ounces from both open pit and underground were 2.48 million silver ounces and 2,610 gold ounces. Cut-off grades were based on metal prices of US$22 per ounce of silver and US$1,550 per ounce of gold, and metallurgical recoveries of 85% for both silver and gold using milling and cyanide leaching. "We're pleased to be able to release this current resource for Cachinal. We were fortunate to have been able to work with Chilean based independent QP, Sergio Alvarado Casas, who was able to conduct the site visit as Chilean COVID19 restrictions have eased in some areas," said Ralph Rushton, the CEO of Aftermath. "As soon we're able to, the company will commence field work on both the Cachinal and Challacollo projects. Planning for this is well advanced." The firm also noted it had filed an amended and restated NI 43 101 technical report entitled "Amended Independent Technical Report for the Cachinal Silver-Gold Project, Region II, Chile" with an effective date of September 11 this year with SEDAR. The Cachinal silver-gold project lies in Chile's Antofagasta Region (Region II) about 40km east of the Pan American Highway. Aftermath Silver currently owns 80% via its Chilean holding company Minera Cachinal SA and has a binding agreement with SSR Mining to acquire the remaining 20%. The current resources are shown to a depth of around 150 metres (m) below surface and provide sufficient evidence to interpret the presence of high-grade shoots within the vein system extending below the base of the optimized pit shells. Shares in Aftermath added 2.4% to C$0.86 each in Toronto. Contact the author at [email protected]
0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 
Video Credit: WKBW Buffalo - Published
News video: PROJECT 10MILLION

PROJECT 10MILLION 01:42

PROJECT 10MILLION

You Might Like


Related videos from verified sources

How Tua Tagovailoa Spent His First $1M in the NFL [Video]

How Tua Tagovailoa Spent His First $1M in the NFL

Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa hasn't played a snap in the NFL yet, but there's no question he's a special talent. His move from amateur college athlete to professional NFL player meant that..

Credit: GQ     Duration: 10:49Published
2 Million Years of Rain Sparked the Dinosaur's Reign [Video]

2 Million Years of Rain Sparked the Dinosaur's Reign

WUHAN, CHINA — Scientists say they have evidence that points to a cataclysmic mass extinction event that helped the dinosaurs to rise to dominance. The theory states that the Carnian Pluvial..

Credit: TomoNews US     Duration: 01:25Published
Baby manta ray smiles after hatching from egg [Video]

Baby manta ray smiles after hatching from egg

These images show a newborn baby thornback appearing to smile for the cameras after it was hatched from an egg that was rescued during a conservation project in Spain.The ray's egg was accidentally..

Credit: Zenger News     Duration: 00:16Published

Related news from verified sources

Kingston Resources on-track to complete Misima Gold Project PFS next quarter

Kingston Resources Ltd (ASX:KSN) is moving rapidly towards completing a pre-feasibility study (PFS) for its flagship Misima Gold Project in Papua New Guinea in...
Proactive Investors

Tietto Minerals hits 134.48 g/t within 4 metres at 35.08 g/t at AG ahead of Abujar resource update

Tietto Minerals Ltd (ASX:TIE) has hit up to 134.48 g/t gold within 4 metres at 35.08 g/t in drilling at Abujar-Gludehi (AG) deposit within the Abujar Gold...
Proactive Investors