iPad mini 5 and New Entry-Level iPad Said to Launch in First Half of 2019
Thursday, 17 January 2019 Apple is said to be launching two new tablets in the first half of this year, including the rumored "iPad mini 5" as well as a likely replacement for its current entry-level iPad.
DigiTimes made the claim today in a report highlighting stable shipment expectations for Apple's touch panel suppliers, Taiwan-based German Interface Solution (GIS) and TPK Holding.Apple reportedly plans to launch two entry-level tablets in the first half of 2019, including a fifth-generation iPad mini and another entry-level iPad model, said the sources.
The claim follows a rumor carried last month by the China Times that Apple is preparing to launch a new iPad mini in the first half of 2019, followed by a new entry-level iPad in two versions, with at least one featuring a 10-inch display within a narrower frame.
Reliable Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo claimed in October that Apple is working on a new version of the iPad mini with an upgraded processor and a lower-cost display panel, with the device being launched in 2018 or 2019.
Ironically, Kuo's prediction came two months after DigiTimes said it did not believe Apple plans to introduce an updated iPad mini, and in fact has "no further plan" for the smaller tablet.
An alleged case for the next-generation iPad mini also surfaced in December that featured a vertical camera cutout, suggesting a camera arrangement similar to the iPad Pro with a rear flash, and a center microphone cutout.
Apple hasn't updated its smallest iPad since September 2015, but the device did receive a price cut in March 2017, with a 128GB capacity model costing $399.
As for the entry-level iPad, Apple was previously reported to be launching the two new low-priced versions in 2019 to boost the sales growth of its affordable tablet options. The 9.7-inch iPad was last updated in March 2018 and in the same month the year before that.
Today's DigiTimes report cites industry sources claiming GIS will supply over 40 percent of the touch panels for the new iPads, while TPK and China-based O-film Technology will provide the remaining 60 percent.Related Roundups: iPad mini, iPad
Buyer's Guide: iPad Mini (Don't Buy), iPad (Caution)
This article, "iPad mini 5 and New Entry-Level iPad Said to Launch in First Half of 2019" first appeared on MacRumors.com
After nearly thirty years of success, the seventh-generation Lexus ES is set to redefine its status among entry-level executive sedans. Long known for its unparalleled comfort, refinement and luxury appointments, the 2019 Lexus ES builds on its strengths with an all-new chassis that allows for a more...
MADRID - From the Victorian volumes to the use of jacquard -the jacquard knitting machines inspired Countess Lovelace's mathematical algorithms-, Marina Conde winks at this hypnotic characters without..
It's a dog-eat-dog dating world out there. Fifty seven percent of dog owners say a new partner HAS to win over their furry friend before they fall for them, according to research.A new study examining..
Apple is set to launch new iPad models in the first half of 2019, according to Taiwanese supply chain website DigiTimes.
One of those new models is expected to... MacRumours.com Also reported by •9to5Mac
Apple plans to hold a product event in the second half of March where it will officially announce second-generation AirPods, the AirPower wireless charging pad,... MacRumours.com Also reported by •AppleInsider