Global  

Former world No. 1 Wozniacki to retire after Australian Open

WorldNews Friday, 6 December 2019
Former world No. 1 Wozniacki to retire after Australian OpenParis, Dec 6 (AFP) Former world number one Caroline Wozniacki announced on Friday that she will retire from tennis after next month's Australian Open. The 29-year-old Dane won her only Grand Slam singles title in Melbourne last year in her third major final. "I've accomplished everything I could ever dream of on the court,"...
0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 
Video Credit: Wibbitz Studio - Published
News video: Women's Tennis Star Caroline Wozniacki to Retire in 2020

Women's Tennis Star Caroline Wozniacki to Retire in 2020 01:08

Women's Tennis Star Caroline Wozniacki to Retire in 2020. The 29-year-old will step away from the game after January's Australian Open. Wozniacki, who hails from Denmark, is a former no. 1 ranked player. She has won 30 WTA singles titles, which includes the 2018 Australian Open. . Wozniacki was also...

💡 One News Page Knowledge: Other News Mentions

Australian Open Australian Open

Djokovic hoping to play Australian Open, bidding to be 'historic best'

World number one Novak Djokovic says he is hopeful of playing in next year's Australian Open as he bids to chase down Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer on the..
WorldNews
McEnroe Says Djokovic Will Be The Bad Guy For The Rest Of His Career [Video]

McEnroe Says Djokovic Will Be The Bad Guy For The Rest Of His Career

Novak Djokovic was disqualified from the US Open for hitting a line judge with a ball. The 17-time grand slam winner was disqualified from the US Open. According to CNN, sports commentators wonder if the Serb tarnished his reputation. Seven-time grand slam champion John McEnroe believes the incident will have an impact. McEnroe was famous for his on-court outbursts. McEnroe was disqualified from the 1990 Australian Open for misconduct.

Credit: Wochit News    Duration: 00:34Published

Paris Paris Capital of France

Heathrow loses title of Europe's busiest airport [Video]

Heathrow loses title of Europe's busiest airport

Paris's Charles de Gaulle has overtaken Heathrow as Europe's busiest airport, with the London hub reporting falling passenger numbers and rising losses. Heathrow reported a loss of £1.5bn in the first nine months of 2020 - a year when demand for air travel has been hit badly due to the coronavirus pandemic Report by Fullerg. Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/itn and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/itn

Credit: ODN    Duration: 01:36Published

Henshaw replaces injured Ringrose for Ireland's Six Nations decider in France

Centre Robbie Henshaw replaces injured Garry Ringrose in the Ireland team for Saturday's Six Nations game against France in Paris.
BBC News
Heathrow overtaken by Paris Charles de Gaulle as busiest Europe airport [Video]

Heathrow overtaken by Paris Charles de Gaulle as busiest Europe airport

Heathrow has been overtaken by Charles de Gaulle in Paris as Europe’s busiestairport, with the west London hub reporting rising losses. Heathrow wasEurope’s busiest airport before the coronavirus pandemic.

Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO    Duration: 01:00Published

Kathy Hilton Joins 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills'

"The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" just became even more of a family affair ... because Kathy Hilton is officially joining the show. The sister of 'RHOBH'..
TMZ.com

France warns citizens to be cautious as anger seethes in Muslim world over cartoons

PARIS — France warned its citizens living or traveling in several Muslim-majority countries to take extra security precautions on Tuesday as anger surged over..
WorldNews

Melbourne Melbourne City in Victoria, Australia

New coronavirus case at Melbourne early learning centre sparks contact tracing blitz

About 90 contacts linked to a Bundoora childcare centre have been notified after a young child tested positive for COVID-19.
SBS

Victoria records three new coronavirus cases as Melburnians enter second day out of lockdown

It comes a day after some 180,000 people returned to work in Melbourne's hospitality and retail industries.
SBS
Melbourne celebrates the end of a gruelling four-month lockdown [Video]

Melbourne celebrates the end of a gruelling four-month lockdown

After 112 days, the Australian city of Melbourne has lifted its coronavirus lockdown.View on euronews

Credit: euronews (in English)    Duration: 02:54Published
Melbourne celebrates end of four-month lockdown [Video]

Melbourne celebrates end of four-month lockdown

Australia's second largest city, Melbourne, has emerged from a near four-monthlockdown due to coronavirus, with restaurants, cafes and bars reopening andoutdoor contact sports resuming.

Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO    Duration: 01:28Published

Melbourne cheers end of Australia's strictest lockdown

After months of restrictions, Melbourne's bars, restaurants and shops are finally open again.
BBC News

You Might Like


Related news from verified sources

Christmas Eve carolers for Cardinal Pell gathered at Melbourne prison

Melbourne, Australia, Dec 26, 2019 / 08:00 am (CNA).- A group of local Catholics gathered outside Melbourne prison on Christmas Eve to sing carols for Cardinal...
CNA Also reported by •Sify

Australia fine with five!

Australia fine with five!
*Melbourne:* Australia could play five specialist bowlers against New Zealand during the second Test, captain Tim Paine said Wednesday, with the decision being...
Mid-Day

Melbourne City 21/20 to beat Perth Glory in Friday’s A-League matchup

Competition: A-League Market: Melbourne City win Odds: 21/20 @ Bet 365 Knowing that another victory on Friday morning will see them reclaim their spot at the...
SoccerNews.com


Tweets about this