Meghan fights to keep friends anonymous in newspaper lawsuit
Wednesday, 29 July 2020 () LONDON (AP) — Lawyers for the Duchess of Sussex asked a judge at a London court on Wednesday to keep the names of five of her friends out of the public domain as she wages a privacy-infringement battle against a British newspaper. Meghan’s attorney said the female friends, who defended her in anonymous magazine interviews last year, are innocent parties who fear intrusion if their names come out. The target of her lawsuit, Associated Newspapers Ltd., argues that the principle of open justice — the public’s right to know — means the friends should be identified. The former Meghan Markle is suing the...
Meghan Markle will pay more than $87,000 towards the Mail on Sunday's legal costs for a pre-trial hearing which she lost in May.
Markle is suing the newspaper after it published extracts from a private letter sent to her father.
Business Insider reports that Markle claimed the newspaper acted...
The Duchess of Sussex said that it was “devastating” to return to the US andsee the “state of affairs” it was in. Speaking at a virtual event organised byThe 19th, a US non-profit, non-partisan newsroom, Meghan said it was “so sadto see where our country was in that moment”.
Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO Duration: 01:01Published
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are new homeowners. The happy couple recently purchased a home in Santa Barabra, California. A representative for the former royals told CNN that they moved into the home last month. The move comes just months after the two announced that they were stepping back from their royal titles. The couple said at the time that they wanted to be financially independent. The couple have kept a low profile since relocating to Markle's hometown of Los Angeles.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle purchased a new home in California. A representative for the couple told CNN that they recently moved into their new Santa Barabara, California home. The spokesman said the Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved to their new address in July of this year. In January, the couple announced that they were giving up their royal titles. The couple has kept a low profile since relocating to Markle's hometown of Los Angeles.
The Rialto casino in London gets ready to welcome back customers for the firsttime in four months, after it was among the businesses included in the latesteasing of lockdown. Theatres, bowling alleys and beauty salons offeringtreatments to the face will also be allowed to reopen from this weekend.
Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO Duration: 00:52Published
The Duchess of Sussex has won a High Court bid to keep secret the identitiesof five friends who gave an anonymous interview to a US magazine, in thelatest stage of her legal action against Associated Newspapers. Meghan issuing Associated Newspapers, publisher of the Mail On Sunday and MailOnline,over an article which reproduced parts of a “private and confidential”handwritten letter she sent to her father. In the People article, published inFebruary last year, the friends spoke out against the bullying Meghan said shehas faced. The duchess, 39, says her friends gave the interview without herknowledge, and denies a claim made by the newspaper group that she “caused orpermitted” the article to be published.
Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO Duration: 01:08Published
The letter at the centre of the Duchess of Sussex’s legal battle with aBritish newspaper detailed her intimate “thoughts and feelings” about herfather’s health and their relationship. The duchess is bringing legal actionagainst Associated Newspapers, publisher of the Mail on Sunday and MailOnline,over an article which reproduced parts of a handwritten letter she sent to herfather Thomas Markle.
Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO Duration: 01:02Published
The Duchess of Sussex has rebuked suggestions that she didn’t help her father financially in the latest set of legal filings submitted by her attorneys in her privacy case against Associated Newspapers and the Mail on Sunday. The case centers on a handwritten letter sent to her father, extracts of which were published by the Mail on Sunday, which she claims were both misleading and breached her privacy. “This is the Mail’s fourth separate request for additional information or clarification.
Meghan Markle's ongoing battle with 'The Mail on Sunday' continues after she filed a piece of paperwork that accuses the tabloid of a "vicious" attempt to expose her friends, threatening their mental..