Trump Administration Denies Plan For 'Bloody Nose' Strike On North Korea
Thursday, 15 February 2018 No “bloody nose” strategy currently exists where a military strike against North Korea’s nuclear program wouldn’t provoke a full-scale war, Trump administration officials told the Associated Press. A pair of senators briefed by the White House, as well as a senior administration official who testified at a Senate hearing Thursday, all confirmed their accounts, the report said. Rather, the administration has a policy of “maximum pressure” through sanctions to get the rogue country to negotiate, the report said, while keeping military options on the table. Instead, Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen and Republican Sen. James Risch say they've been told the administration isn't considering what...
The Washington Post's David Nakamura says plans for a former George W. Bush administration official to be President Trump's ambassador to South Korea suddenly fell apart in January, leaving the South Korean government to wonder what happens next.
Watch VideoFormer President Jimmy Carter says he wants to help the Trump administration in talks with North Korea.
The 93-year-old Democrat told CBS he has... Newsy - WorldAlso reported by •S.China Morning Post •FOXNews.com •Reuters
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump reaffirmed his plan to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un by the end of May on Friday during a call... Reuters India - WorldAlso reported by •Reuters
President Donald Trump is replacing national security adviser H.R. McMaster with the former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton, injecting a hawkish foreign policy voice... dailypress.com - Front PageAlso reported by •FOXNews.com •Firstpost •NPR •Reuters
The US and South Korea are close to a resolution on trade disputes, US President Donald Trump said as his administration initiated punitive tariffs on steel and... S.China Morning Post - BusinessAlso reported by •DNA
According to a report by Reuters, North Korea has agreed to hold high-level talks with South Korea at the border truce village of Panmunjom in preparation for a summit of their leaders planned for.. Source: Wochit News -
The Department of Justice announced a proposal to ban bump stocks on Friday. The devices used in last year's Las Vegas massacre, and can be installed onto semiautomatic rifles to accelerate the.. Source: Wochit News -
Democracy Post editor Christian Caryl says President Trump's new national security adviser is more capable than other administration officials. That could be a problem. Source: The Washington Post - Affiliate -
Europe is watching closely how the appointment of the hawkish John Bolton as US National Security Adviser could effect the relationship with some of America's closest allies. Bolton is skeptical of the.. Source: Euronews English -
President Trump has offered John Bolton the role of national security advisor, replacing H.R McMaster. Bolton is a Fox News contributor and former ambassador to the United Nations. Defense and arms.. Source: Wochit News -