Global  

Moving Europe troops to counter China threat to India: US

IndiaTimes Thursday, 25 June 2020 ()
The decision to draw down troops in Germany was part of a well-thought out strategy because they were being moved to other places, Mike Pompeo told the Brussels Forum. US President Trump recently announced that the US would be reducing troops from Germany, a decision that’s angered EU countries.
0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 

You Might Like


💡 One News Page Knowledge: Other News Mentions

Germany Germany Country in Central Europe

Fritz von Weizsäcker: Gregor S gets 12 years for murder

Dr Fritz von Weizsäcker - son of ex-German president Richard von Weizsäcker - was murdered in 2019.
BBC News

Organiser doubts Zverev will play in Berlin amid Kyrgios-Thiem spat

BERLIN: The organiser of a tournament in Berlin next week doubts under-fire will play at his event with the German at the centre of a war-of-words between and ,..
WorldNews
EU recovery package in spotlight as Angela Merkel addresses European Parliament [Video]

EU recovery package in spotlight as Angela Merkel addresses European Parliament

It's the first visit of the German Chancellor to Brussels since Germany took the reins of the EU Council presidency. She is addressing MEPs who want a bigger role in budget talks. She is hoping to get a deal, which includes the parliament's approval, on the trillion-euro recovery package.View on euronews

Credit: euronews (in English)    Duration: 01:33Published

Daimler cautiously optimistic despite expected second-quarter loss

Berlin: Daimler said on Wednesday it expects to report an operating loss and a big drop in sales for the second quarter although the German carmaker is..
WorldNews

Merkel's Christian Democrats aim to fill half key party posts with women by 2025

BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany's dominant political party, Chancellor Angela Merkel's Christian Democrats, plans steps to achieve equal representation of women..
WorldNews

Mike Pompeo Mike Pompeo 70th U.S. Secretary of State and former director of the C.I.A.

Pompeo talks Tik Toc, Chinese aggression and more

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo rebuffed the Chinese social networking service Tik Tok Wednesday when asked about comments he made earlier in the week of..
USATODAY.com
Indians have done their best to respond to China's aggressive actions: Mike Pompeo [Video]

Indians have done their best to respond to China's aggressive actions: Mike Pompeo

Speaking on India-China border tensions, US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo said, "I have spoken with Foreign Minister S Jaishankar a number of times about this. Chinese took incredibly aggressive actions and Indians have done their best to respond to that. There aren't many neighbours that can satisfactorily say that they know where their sovereignty ends and the Chinese Communist Party will respect that. That is certainly true now for people of Bhutan. The world must come together to respond to this. This increasing revisionist effort that the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is engaged in is something that President Trump has taken incredibly seriously." He further said, "World has seen true colours of Chinese Communist Party and I am convinced more than ever that free people of the world will come to understand the threat. The impact General Secy Xi Jinping has on the world is not good for free and democracy loving people."

Credit: ANI    Duration: 02:31Published
Trump Considers Banning TikTok [Video]

Trump Considers Banning TikTok

On Tuesday, President Trump gave an interview in which he said he was considering banning TikTok. Trump echoed earlier comments from Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. Trump implied a ban on TikTok would be a way of punishing China for the coronavirus. Business Insider reports that Coronavirus originated in the city of Wuhan. Trump's rationale was somewhat different from the reason given by Pompeo. Pompeo said the US was worried TikTok could be a national-security risk.

Credit: Wochit News    Duration: 00:33Published

China took incredibly aggressive actions, India did best to respond: US on LAC face-off

The United States on Wednesday said that China took "incredibly aggressive actions" in its recent clash with India in eastern Ladakh and New Delhi did its best..
IndiaTimes
United States ‘Seriously’ Considering TikTok Ban [Video]

United States ‘Seriously’ Considering TikTok Ban

On Monday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo revealed that the United States was “looking at”a ban on Chinese social media apps.

Credit: Cover Video STUDIO    Duration: 01:32Published

Donald Trump Donald Trump 45th president of the United States

Trump 'does not have the authority' to open schools -Cuomo [Video]

Trump 'does not have the authority' to open schools -Cuomo

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo on Wednesday said that reopening schools is a state decision and that the president "does not have the authority" to do so.

Credit: Reuters Studio    Duration: 01:39Published

European Union European Union Economic and political union of European states

UK could get itself locked out of EU coronavirus vaccine programme after refusing to pay

European scrutiny committee warns that UK approach risks access to vaccine
Independent
EU splits mean COVID-19 rescue fund deal by end of July 'ambitious', says Eurogroup chief hopeful [Video]

EU splits mean COVID-19 rescue fund deal by end of July 'ambitious', says Eurogroup chief hopeful

Later this month, European leaders will meet to try and thrash out a deal for a €750 billion EU coronavirus rescue fund.View on euronews

Credit: euronews (in English)    Duration: 02:28Published
Brexit briefing: 176 days until the end of the transition period [Video]

Brexit briefing: 176 days until the end of the transition period

The UK left the European Union on January 31. Here we look at the latest figures and key dates in the ongoing Brexit process.

Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO    Duration: 00:50Published

Related videos from verified sources

Vikram Chandra on Chinese troops pulling back from Galwan valley, other news [Video]

Vikram Chandra on Chinese troops pulling back from Galwan valley, other news

In the first signs that disengagement has begun on the LAC, the Chinese troops have pulled back 2 km from the Galwan valley. The news comes after National Security Advisor Ajit Doval held talks with..

Credit: HT Digital Content     Duration: 06:32Published
Watch: Chinese statement after pulling back troops from Galwan valley [Video]

Watch: Chinese statement after pulling back troops from Galwan valley

The Chinese Foreign Ministry has responded after beginning to pull back troops from the Galwan valley. A statement from the Chinese Foreign Ministry said that both sides had agreed to continue..

Credit: HT Digital Content     Duration: 01:23Published
India, China made progress for frontline troops to disengage border situation: Chinese Foreign Ministry [Video]

India, China made progress for frontline troops to disengage border situation: Chinese Foreign Ministry

While addressing a press conference in Beijing on July 06, the Spokesperson of Chinese Foreign Ministry, Zhao Lijian said, "China and India have made progress coming up with effective measures for..

Credit: ANI     Duration: 01:00Published

Tweets about this