Prime members in Singapore Enjoyed their First-Ever Prime Day, the Biggest Shopping Event Globally in Amazon History
Thursday, 19 July 2018 Prime members in Singapore ordered more items than ever before during the Prime Day event, surpassing Cyber Monday, Black Friday and the launch of Prime Now
More members in Singapore joined Prime on 17 July than on any other single day since its launch
SINGAPORE - Media OutReach - 19 July 2018 - (NASDAQ:AMZN) - For the first time, Prime members in Singapore joined members in 16 other countries to celebrate Prime Day, Amazon's exclusive shopping event for Prime members. Members in Singapore ordered more items than ever before during the Prime Day shopping event, surpassing Cyber Monday, Black Friday and the launch of Prime Now in July 2017 when comparing the same 36-hour period. Some of the best-selling items sold were Coca-Cola Zero, Kleenex toilet tissue and Play-Doh playsets.
"We were excited to bring Amazon's epic shopping event to Singapore for the first time this year to say 'thank you' to our members," said Henry Low, director of Prime Now Asia-Pacific. "We were thrilled by the response from Prime members and the record-breaking number of new customers who joined Prime in Singapore to help make Prime Day Amazon's biggest global shopping event in its history."
*Singapore Highlights from Prime Day 2018*
· Members in Singapore ordered more items than in any other 36-hour period since the launch of Prime Now in July 2017
· Prime welcomed more new members in Singapore on 17 July than on any other single day since its launch in December 2017
· Members enjoyed deals on a variety of categories including groceries, beauty products, consumer electronics and home appliances. Some of the best-selling items sold were Coca-Cola Zero, Kleenex toilet tissue and Play-Doh playsets.
· Members also received thousands of units of free gifts and samples including Glucose monitors, Authentic Tea House Oolong tea, Dettol soap, Dove shampoo and Carling beer, and enjoyed significant savings through credit card promotions.
Prime membership benefits in Singapore include:
· *Free Two-Hour Delivery with Prime Now:* Ultra-fast delivery on tens of thousands of items with free two-hour delivery on orders over S$40, between 10am and 10pm daily*. *Items range from groceries to electronics, including a variety of new brands added to Prime Now since the launch such as Sunshine, Bebe Bamboo, Archipelago Beer, Kat Food, Razer and more.
· *Free International Shipping on over 7 Million Items: *Unlimited free shipping in 7 to 9 business days on orders over S$60 from the Prime Now App on more than 7 million international products shipped from Amazon US. Products include a wide selection of top brands such as Leap Frog, Rubbermaid, Zojirushi, BCB Generation, The Children's Space, Pet Safe, Rebecca Minkoff, and Melissa and Doug.
· *Amazon Prime Video:* Prime members can stream or download popular and award-winning Prime Original series like The Grand Tour, Golden Globe winner The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, the newest season of Goliath starring Golden Globe winner Billy Bob Thornton, the highly anticipated Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan starring John Krasinski, which will premiere on August 31, 2018, as well as other popular movies and TV shows. Prime members can watch anytime, anywhere via the Prime Video app on Android and iOS phones and tablets, select Smart TVs, game consoles, Fire TV stick, Apple TV 3 or 4 or online at www.primevideo.com.
· *Twitch Prime:* Prime members enjoy a selection of free games every month, access to free in-game loot for some of the world's biggest games, like Fortnite, Call of Duty WWII, and Heroes of the Storm, a Twitch channel subscription every 30 days, an expanded set of chat emotes and colors, an exclusive chat badge, and more.
*Every Day Made Better with Prime*
Amazon Prime is now available in 17 countries, including Singapore. Over 100 million paid members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including shopping and entertainment. Since 2005, Prime has been focused on making customers' lives better every day. Start a free trial of Amazon Prime at www.amazon.com.sg.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.**
Colleagues out of the office? The average American's workload increases by nearly a third when covering for a coworker, according to new research. A new study into the daily stressful events Americans..