Friday, 14 December 2018
54% Increase in Revenue compared to the same Period in the Prior Year
*NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES*
TORONTO, Dec. 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Canada House Wellness Group Inc. (CSE: CHV) (“*Canada House*” or the “*Company*”) is pleased to report its financial results for the three months ending October 31, 2018. All amounts are stated in thousands of Canadian dollars.Financial Highlights:
· Cash position was $4,259 compared to $8,953 as at April 30, 2018 and $5,844 as at July 31, 2018. During the quarter ended October 31, 2018, the Company spent $1,489 on production-related capabilities, including the remaining $577 licensing fee to Medicine Man Technologies for an exclusive licensing agreement for deployment of its intellectual property and product lines (Three a Light ®, Success Nutrients ®, General Intellectual Property) into the Canadian marketplace.
· During the quarter ended October 31, 2018, the Company secured $1,540 of new financing from the exercise of warrants and a private placement and incurred net interest and financing charges of $148.
· Working capital was $3,355 compared to $6,670 as at April 30, 2018 and $4,492 as of July 31, 2018.
· Of the $8,624 of convertible debentures issued in December 2017, only $3,342 remained outstanding as of October 31, 2018. As of December 12, 2018, $1,120 remain outstanding and the conversion feature of the debentures has increased from $0.19/share to $0.40/share.
· Revenue for the three months ending October 31, 2018 was $1,240, an increase of $436 or 54% compared to $804 in the prior year and $9 better than the previous quarter ending July 31, 2018.
· EBITDAS ^(1) for the three months ending October 31, 2018 was a deficit of ($1,124) compared to ($700) during the same period in the prior year. EBITDAS for the three months ending October 31, 2018 included $326 of one-time payments related to the transition and restructuring activities of the senior management team and Board of Directors and higher than normal expenses related to audit and legal fees.
· Loss and Comprehensive loss for the year was ($3,007) for the three months ending October 31, 2018 compared to ($1,261) for the same period in the prior year
(1) “EBITDAS” is comprised of Loss and Comprehensive Loss for the Year plus Depreciation and amortization plus Interest, Taxes, Impairment and Stock Based Compensation. EBITDAS is considered by the Company to be a useful measure of cash-flow from operations.
“This is the second consecutive quarter revenue has increased by over 50% compared to the same periods in the prior years, further substantiating our medical cannabis clinic model” says Chris Churchill-Smith, CEO. “During the quarter ending October 31, 2018, we also completed our first sale of seeds to a Licensed Producer, thereby diversifying our revenue stream and we also initiated new efforts with third party patient-detailing companies to grow our patient base. As revenue increases, we are matching our growth in production facilities with known demand from our clinic and retail channels to drive profitability on a go-forward basis.” concludes Mr. Churchill-Smith.
Business Highlights for the Quarter:
· After five years of serving veterans as Marijuana for Trauma, rebranded its clinic division as Canada House Clinics
· Awarded a dispensary license in Edmonton, Alberta
· Announced the closing of the first tranche of financing for $1 million under its $25 million facility with Alumina
· Provided an update on the construction work at its production facility, noting that it continues to make good progress and expects to begin production by the end of the first calendar quarter of 2019
· To address the shortage of quality genetics as the adult-use recreational market became legal on October 17, 2018, launched its new website, www.abbamedixgenetics.com to support seed sales to Licensed Producers
· Held its Annual Shareholder Meeting on October 30, 2018
*Canada House Wellness Group Inc.*
Canada House is the parent company of Marijuana for Trauma Inc., Knalysis Technologies and Abba Medix Corp. The Company's goal is to become a marketplace leader through strategic partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions to create a fully integrated cannabis therapy company. For more information please visit http://www.canadahouse.ca. or www.sedar.com
*For further information, please contact:*
Boom Capital Markets
Canada House Wellness Group Inc.
*Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward Looking Information. *This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements that relate to, among other things, the Company’s clinic, production and technology businesses, its future plans, the Company’s markets, objectives, goals, strategies, intentions, beliefs, expectations and estimates, and can generally be identified by the use of words such as “may”, “will”, “could”, “should”, “would”, “likely”, “possible”, “expect”, “intend”, “estimate”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “plan”, “objective” and “continue” (or the negative thereof) and words and expressions of similar import. Although the Company believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, such statements involve risks and uncertainties, and undue reliance should not be placed on such statements. Certain material factors or assumptions are applied in making forward-looking statements, and actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in such statements. Material assumptions used to develop forward-looking information in this news release include, among other things, the regulations related to cannabis use under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations and the act respecting cannabis and to amend the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, the Criminal Code and other Acts, passed by the Canadian Federal government, making cannabis legal for recreational use by October 17, 2018; Company liquidity and capital resources, including the availability of additional capital resources to fund its activities; level of competition; the ability to adapt products and services to the changing market; the ability to attract and retain key executives; and the ability to execute strategic plans. Additional information about material factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations and about material factors or assumptions applied in making forward-looking statements may be found in the Company’s most recent annual and interim Management’s Discussion and Analysis under “Risk and Uncertainties” as well as in other public disclosure documents filed with Canadian securities regulatory authorities. The Company does not undertake any obligation to update publicly or to revise any of the forward-looking statements contained in this document, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.”
Neither the CSE nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the CSE) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.