Interjet Airlines Reports December and Full-Year Record Traffic for 2018
Friday, 11 January 2019
International YOY traffic grew a robust 35.8 percent through December 2018 while domestic traffic grew 6.1 percent for the same period.
MEXICO CITY (PRWEB) January 11, 2019
Interjet Airlines announced December and full year 2018 traffic results including these highlights:· Interjet Airlines total traffic for December 2018 grew by 6.4 percent transporting 1,221,479 total passengers for the month. International passenger traffic increased by 19.5 percent while domestic passenger traffic rose 1.5 percent for the same period.
· Overall traffic for 2018 totaled more than 13.8 million passengers with international traffic increasing 33.9 percent for the year while domestic passenger counts rose 5.7 percent.
2018 was a remarkable year for Interjet Airlines. We made great progress as a company as we continued to make significant investments in our team members, our fleet and our product,” said Julio Gamero, Interjet’s Chief Commercial Officer. “Our value proposition of offering business and leisure travelers everywhere we fly competitive prices with free checked bags on select fares, more legroom between seats and great service continues to resonate with our customers and has given us strong momentum as we enter 2019,” he added.
Other highlights for Interjet Airlines in 2018 include:· Inaugural service to five new international routes as well as expanded service to other international destinations
· Fleet expansion addition of 20 A320neos to an existing order of 35 new aircraft to be delivered over the next five years increasing overall available seat capacity by more than 3.6 million
· A long-term partnership agreement with Travelport, a leading provider of distribution, technology, payment and other solutions for the $7 trillion global travel and tourism industry
· New membership in the Latin America and Caribbean Air Transport Association (ALTA), which includes more than 35 other airlines dedicated to strengthening cooperation and communications between the region’s airlines to benefit air transportation throughout LATAM and the Caribbean
· A long-term distribution agreement to offer its full content on the Sabre global distribution system (GDS)
· Interline agreements with leading international airlines including Emirates, EVA, Japan Airlines and Lufthansa
· The launch of a 3-year, strategic growth plan providing for significant investment in several areas of their business to ensure future growth and profitability, domestically and internationally
· The launch of a revamped website allowing customers a more user-friendly interface for booking and managing flights, online check-in, checking schedules, flight status and more
For more information regarding Interjet’s results or to make a reservation, visit http://www.interjet.com or in the U.S. call (866) 285-9525.
Interjet is an international airline based in Mexico City carrying more than 12 million passengers annually within Mexico and between Mexico, the United States, Canada, Central, and South America. In all, it provides air service to 53 destinations in nine countries offering its passengers greater connections and travel options through agreements with major airlines such as Alitalia, All Nippon Airways (ANA), American Airlines, British Airways, LATAM Group, EVA Air, Iberia, Lufthansa, Hainan Airlines and Japan Airlines.
Interjet was recently honored with Skytrax’s World Airline Award as the ‘Best Low-Cost Airline in Mexico and Best Cabin Crew in Mexico. In 2017, Interjet was awarded the Travelers' Choice Trip Advisor Award as the best Mexico airline.
Julieta Peña Flores
Tel. +52 (55) 9178 5500 x5833
You Might Like
Tweets about this
Other recent news in Press Releases