Tuesday, 15 January 2019
Increasing number of customers and partners choosing biometrics company for voice, behavioral, and anti-spoofing authentication technology
NEW YORK, Jan. 15, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ID R&D, the award-winning biometric solutions provider offering AI-based voice, behavioral, and anti-spoofing user authentication capabilities, today announced its expansion into Silicon Valley with the opening of a Santa Clara office. The move comes on the heels of a record year for the company, with expanded product offerings, widespread industry recognition, several strategic integrations, the doubling of signed sales contracts, and the doubling of the executive team and staff."With the vast and increasing numbers of companies looking to ID R&D for zero-effort, voice and multi-modal biometric authentication, combined with unique anti-spoofing protection, we needed to expand in size and location to continue the tremendous growth we experienced in 2018," said Alexey Khitrov, ID R&D’s CEO. “With its location at the epicenter of technological innovation, the Santa Clara office gives us excellent access to talent, customers, and partners who share in our vision of effortless authentication for all users, in any application, on any platform.”
ID R&D is headquartered in New York City. The Santa Clara office will be the new technology development and client support hub. The company continues its focus on translating the latest scientific research into zero-effort, real-world, deployable biometric authentication solutions for integration into mobile, web, IoT, custom devices, and conversational interfaces. The company’s customers include banking and financial institutions, device manufacturers, call and customer care centers, smart home security companies, and others.
*Highlights from 2018:*
*Market Disruption and Product Innovation*
ID R&D continued its delivery of innovative solutions for both its standalone product suite as well as individual biometric components that can be packaged as SDKs for integration across platforms of choice, and as a SaaS.
· SafeChat™ 2.0 is the world’s first zero-effort, continuous multi-modal verification product for chatbots and virtual assistants, combining the power of voice, face, and behavioral dynamics to authenticate users passively.
· IDVoice™is ID R&D’s core voice biometric solution that delivers exceptionally low error rates for both text-dependent and text-independent applications. The newest version of IDVoice™, released in July, delivers record-breaking identification speed and accuracy.
· SafeMessage™, released in September 2018, offers multi-layer continuous biometric authentication when integrated across messaging platforms (WhatsApp, Telegram, Skype, Slack, and others) without impacting the user’s experience. It combines voice, behavioral, and facial recognition, along with voice and facial “liveness” analysis while the user composes messages.
· IDBehave™ is a behavioral biometrics solution that utilizes unique individual patterns in the way people interact with various mobile and web devices for zero-effort and reliable authentication.
· IDSquared™ combines facial recognition and behavioral biometrics to validate users by how the user types a login and password while simultaneously capturing the user’s face.
· IDAnti-Spoof™ uses the latest research to confirm liveness for both voice and face identification and prevents imposters from using recorded, synthesized, or processed voice, or from using photos or videos to masquerade as verified users.
*Expansion of Executive Team and Doubling of Staff*
ID R&D added deep technical expertise and broad sales and management experience with its hiring of two key executives.
· Ilya Ozerets, a software industry and startup veteran, joined ID R&D as Chief Product Officer in December and contributes product vision, project management, and research and development expertise
· Biometric industry insider John Amein joined ID R&D as VP of Sales in September, and brings decades of experience in voice technology and engineering, international sales, and executive leadership
In addition, ID R&D’s overall staff has doubled since the beginning of 2018, with additional new hires planned for engineering, sales, customer success, and marketing out of both offices.
ID R&D received continuous recognition throughout the year from premier industry organizations:
· In October, the company announced its acceptance into Microsoft IoT and AI Insider Labs, a program designed for selected companies to create, operate, and enhance intelligent product solutions at scale.
· TechCrunch Named ID R&D as a Top Pick for Fintech at Disrupt SF, in September
· In June, ID R&D was accepted into the Google Cloud Startup Program
· In March, Microsoft selected ID R&D as a Top Ten AI Company in the AI Innovate Global competition.
· Also in March, Plug and Play Batch 7 Accelerator selected ID R&D into its Fintech program, which matches chosen startups with corporate partners to land pilots, POCs, and investment opportunities.
*Strategic Partnerships and Customer Growth*
In 2018, ID R&D more than doubled the number of sales contracts it signed as well as its strategic integrations, including the Samsung SDS Digital Identity Platform, FacePhi’s inPhinite security platform, and Ten Digit Communications’ Intelligent Messaging™ platform, TDC Bridge*®*.
Recent partner quotes:
· Javier Mira, CEO, FacePhi: “By integrating ID R&D’s voice biometrics technology into inPhinite, FacePhi can offer the industry’s most robust voice authentication to millions of users. The unrivalled speed and accuracy of ID R&D’s technology made it a simple choice for us and we look forward to offering our customers a truly unique and zero-risk security solution.”
· Gary Brandt, CEO, Ten Digit Communications: “ID R&D’s multimodal biometric technology aligns perfectly with our vision: to provide a frictionless customer experience that is as secure as it is efficient, pleasant, and effective. Customers don’t want to feel like they’re playing a trivia game to prove who they are. With ID R&D’s technology, they can be identified simply by the way they interact with their phone. No extra effort is required. TDC BRIDGE® can now offer continuous biometric authentication at the network level and increase agent productivity, reduce company costs, and most importantly, create highly satisfied customers.”
*About ID R&D*
ID R&D is an award-winning provider of multi-modal biometric security solutions based in New York, NY. With more than 25 years of experience in biometrics, the company’s management and development teams apply the latest scientific breakthroughs to significantly enhance authentication experiences. ID R&D combines a science-driven seamless authentication experience with the capabilities of a leading research and development team. ID R&D’s focus is on behavioral biometrics, voice biometrics, anti-spoofing capabilities, keystroke dynamics, and biometric fusion. Learn more at www.idrnd.net.