Paraguay - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Statistics and Analyses
RNFO: 18,000km of fibre integrated throughout Paraguay
Sydney, Jan. 21, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Just released, this edition of BuddeComm report outlines the latest developments and key trends in the telecoms markets. - https://www.budde.com.au/Research/Paraguay-Telecoms-Mobile-and-Broadband-Statistics-and-Analyses/?utm_source=GNWThis delayed timetable was partly influenced by vandalism against cell towers in 2020, which had been linked to conspiracy theories circulating on social media falsely implicating 5G rollouts with Covid-19.
That aside, there remains considerable capacity within the country’s existing LTE networks. Although growth in the number of mobile broadband subscribers slowed in 2020 and 2021, there has been a dramatic increase in the data rates which consumers can access.
*Key developments:*· América Móvil spins off towers and other related passive infrastructure in Latin American markets;
· 5G mobile licences will not be available for auction until 2024 at the earliest;
· RNFO - 18,000km of fibre deployed so far;
· MITIC, MEC and the Korea International Cooperation Agency aim to improve accessibility to education through a multimedia education support centre;
· State-owned Tier-3 data centre and NOC to be built in Villa Hayes;
· MITIC, Conatel, and Tigo inaugurate the first of ten Telecentres;
· MITIC enables more than 100 free internet points throughout the country, providing services to more than 1.3 million citizens;
· Government modernises its regulatory framework with the assistance of a $90 million loan from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB);
· Report update includes the regulator’s market data for 2020, operator data to Q3 2021, updated Telecom Maturity Index charts and analyses, assessment of the global impact of Covid-19 on the telecoms sector; recent market developments.
*Companies mentioned in this report:*
Copaco, Millicom (Tigo Paraguay), Vox, América Móvil (Claro Paraguay), Grupo Clarin, DirecTV, Personal (Telecom Argentina).
Read the full report: https://www.budde.com.au/Research/Paraguay-Telecoms-Mobile-and-Broadband-Statistics-and-Analyses/?utm_source=GNW
CONTACT: Nicolas Bombourg: email@example.com
Europe office: +44 207 097 1241
Oceania Office: +61 280 767 665