Elon Musk says we need to regulate AI before it becomes a danger to humanity
Monday, 17 July 2017 Elon Musk’s thoughts on artificial intelligence are pretty well known at this point. He famously compared work on AI to “summoning the demon,” and has warned time and time again that the technology poses an existential risk to humanity. At a gathering of US governors this weekend he repeated these sentiments, but also stressed something he says is even more important: that governments need to start regulating AI now.
“I have exposure to the very cutting edge AI, and I think people should be really concerned about it,” Musk told attendees at the National Governors Association Summer Meeting on Saturday. “I keep sounding the alarm bell, but until people see robots going down the street killing people, they don’t know how to react, because...
The Tesla Model 3 isn’t just a new electric car, it’s the culmination of over a decade of careful strategic planning to achieve Elon Musk’s goal: to accelerate humanity’s transition to sustainable energy.
Candian American Elon Musk, 46, founder of PayPal and Telsa car company is already planning to save humanity after launching his Falcon Heavy rocket into space... MailOnline - Front PageAlso reported by •City A.M. •Business Insider
· *SpaceX founder Elon Musk hopes to finally launch Falcon Heavy — the most powerful rocket the company has ever built — on Tuesday, February 6.*
· *The... Business Insider - TechnologyAlso reported by •The Verge
· *Elon Musk asks himself the same six questions before making any big decision.*
· *He uses the process as his own version of the scientific method.*
... Business Insider - TechnologyAlso reported by •Car and Driver
· *Tesla will take a self-driving car across the US in autonomous mode during the first half of 2018, CEO Elon Musk said during the company's fourth-quarter... Business Insider - TechnologyAlso reported by •Car and Driver
A cherry red Tesla Roadster owned by Elon Musk is set to be fired into space on SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy rocket. The private space company, headed by Tesla CEO... S.China Morning Post - TechnologyAlso reported by •Car and Driver •Business Insider