Leslie Jones, Seth Meyers Watch – and Loudly Explain – ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 8 Premiere (Video)
Friday, 19 April 2019 (Warning: This post actually contains spoilers for the “Game of Thrones” Season 8 premiere)
Leslie Jones and Seth Meyers had a “Game of Jones” viewing party Thursday night. Sorry, Leslie Jones and Seth Meyers had a “Game of Thrones” viewing party Thursday night. The rest of us got to watch “Game of Jones,” which is Jones and Meyers watching and loudly explaining the “GoT” Season 8 premiere.
During last night’s “Late Night With Seth Meyers,” the “SNL” star and die-hard “Thrones” fan sat down to do a play-by-play of the first episode of the HBO fantasy series’ eighth and final season with the NBC late-night host.
Here are some of the highlights from the 9-minute, 21-second bit, which you can view above.
*Also Read:* Seth Meyers Says Scooby Doo Is the Real College Cheating Scandal Culprit (Video)
- If Jones had a dragon, she’d be doing “drive-bys every weekend.” Like, the fiery kind.
- Jones, when Bran Stark says “We don’t have time for this” when Daenerys and Jon Snow arrive at Winterfell: “Bran, that’s not how you introduce yourself to people.”
- Meyers has heard this episode is a bit boring, perhaps. Jones’ reply: “What? Blasphemy, blasphemy! Anybody said that you start unfollowing me right now cause you obviously don’t watch ‘GoT’ and you don’t know this is a transition episode!”
*Also Read:* 'Game of Thrones' Star Isaac Hempstead Wright Reveals How He Nailed Bran's Creepy Stare (Video)
- Leslie attempts to explain how Jon Snow and Dany are related and absolutely all of it is inaccurate.
- There is a 10-minute intermission so Jones and Meyers can “levitate,” which is something you can uh, only do legally in Massachusetts or Colorado.
- Jones, when Sansa asks what dragons even eat: “THEY EAT WHAT THEY WANT, SON! Tell her [to] ask a dragon what they eat. They gonna say, ‘RAAAAAAWWWRRRRR. Whatever the f–k I want. Bring me some Popeyes!'”
*Also Read:* 'Game of Thrones': Jaime's on Trial at Winterfell and More in 14 New Photos From Season 8, Episode 2
- Jones, again defending the “transition episode”: “See this is an important episode. How you gonna say it’s boring? It’s so important. People who didn’t see each other see each other now!”
- Leslie says she’s getting old enough she might actually date a guy like Euron Greyjoy.
- Jones wants to know who cut up all those Umbers and put their arms in that “pretty star shape.”
*Related stories from TheWrap:*
Andrew Garfield, James Corden Get Naked and (Poorly) Audition for 'Game of Thrones' (Video)
Reid Scott on How His 'Veep' Character Would Fare on 'Game of Thrones': 'He's Littlefinger' (Video)
HBO Responds to Trump Invoking 'Game of Thrones' With Mueller Report Tweet
Elmo Ends Cersei and Tyrion's Feud in Epic 'Game of Thrones'-'Sesame Street' Crossover (Video)
Say what you want about the final season of Game of Thrones, but at least the Funko Pop figures haven't disappointed. We're also pretty confident in saying that Funko / GoT fans will be all over that..
Despite being full of gratuitous amounts of sex and violence, Game of Thrones has become one of the most popular TV series over the past decade. Virtually every fan had their own theory about who would..
*Warning: Contains spoilers for **Game of Thrones** Season 8.*
If you've been anywhere near social media since the start of the final Game of Thrones season,... Mashable Also reported by •Filmy Friday •WorldNews •geek.com
Game of Thrones season 8 is marching towards its end and fans are disappointed to see the fate of several characters and their respective story arc. A petition... WorldNews Also reported by •Fossbytes •Filmy Friday •geek.com