Timothy Donald "Tim" Cook is an American business executive, and is the CEO of Apple Inc.
Cook joined Apple in March 1998 as Senior Vice President of Worldwide Operations—he also served as Executive Vice President of Worldwide Sales and Operations—and was Chief Operating Officer until he was named the CEO of Apple on August 24, 2011, when he succeeded Steve Jobs.
In early 2012, he was awarded compensation of one million shares, vesting in 2016 and 2021, by Apple's Board of Directors.
Cook also serves on the board of directors of Nike, Inc. and the National Football Foundation.
In 2014, Cook became the first CEO of a Fortune 500 company to publicly identify as gay.
Tim Cook's declaration has not changed the perceptions of the investors and customers.
· Apple's campus search, which concluded earlier this week, was conducted fairly quietly, especially compared to rivals like Amazon.
· That's because Apple's main goal wasn't to gain the maximum.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
A new generation of wireless technology is coming, promising internet speeds as fast or faster than the fastest wired connections.
But it could be years before the new networking is.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
According to Business Insider, Apple CEO Tim Cook has an estimated net worth of $625 million. The $625 million is actually lower than many of Cook’s tech CEO peers. Cook himself doesn't lead a lavish..
Tim Cook has said people sowing "hate, division, or violence" have no place on Apple platforms. Cook was awarded the first "Courage Against Hate" award by the Anti-Defamation League. Business Insider..
Apple plans to build a $1 billion campus in Austin, Texas, that will create at least 5,000 jobs ranging from engineers to call-center agents while adding more luster to a Southwestern city that has.. Credit: SFGate - Published
· Apple quoted me $1,475 to repair a liquid-damaged MacBook Pro.
· An unauthorized Apple repair shop quoted me $425 to perform the same repair.
· I went with the unauthorized repair shop.
·.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· Apple announced a new campus in Austin, Texas that will support 5,000 employees.
· Unlike Amazon's HQ2 process, Apple stayed quiet during the selection process, and CEO Tim Cook said he didn't.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· *Apple announced on Thursday that it is spending $1 billion on a new campus in Austin, Texas.*
· *Its stealthy process of selecting the campus contrasted with Amazon's drawn-out HQ2 beauty.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Apple on Thursday announced it will invest $1 billion to build a new campus in Austin, Texas.
Located less than a mile from its existing facilities, the 133-acre campus will initially accommodate.. Credit: MacRumours.com - Published
· *Apple is establishing a new campus in Austin, Texas.*
· *The campus will initially house 5,000 employees, and Apple is going to spend $1 billion building it.*
· *Austin was recently in the.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· *Silicon Valley, a vital part of America's economic edge, is the global center of the digital revolution.*
· *But back in the late 1970s, the center of technology revolution wasn’t guaranteed to.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· Apple has been touting its services business as its iPhone sales have slowed down.
· But that business is about to decelerate too, warned Ben Schachter, an analyst with Macquarie Research in a new.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· In an interview after his appearance before Congress where he was had to explain that Google doesn't make the iPhone, Google CEO Sundar Pichai said that more conversations need to happen between.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· Zillow is part of a growing group of real-estate companies in the United States that buy homes directly from homeowners.
· Through Zillow's service, which will soon be available in eight US.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· Super Micro, which sells server motherboards to companies like Apple and Amazon, was accused of being infiltrated by Chinese spies in a bombshell Bloomberg Businessweek story published in.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· The New York Times profiled a 25-year-old New Yorker named Jovan Hill who makes a living live-streaming his daily life.
· Hill films himself ranting about pop culture, eating, smoking weed, and.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Apple Pay will make its long-awaited debut in Germany this week, according to German blog Macerkopf.
The report, citing unnamed sources within German banking circles, says the launch will likely occur.. Credit: MacRumours.com - Published
Apple CEO Tim Cook took to Twitter this weekend to show off the cover of the November/December issue of Surfer’s Journal. The cover, which depicts a surfer in gorgeous blue water, is the latest.. Credit: 9to5Mac - Published
· Apple is having trouble selling its latest iPhones, according to numerous reports.
· There's an easy way for the company to solve the problem — cut its sky-high prices.
· Apple can afford to.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Apple hosted its annual holiday Beer Bash celebration at its 1 Infinite Loop campus in Cupertino, California on Friday night, with Frozen star Idina Menzel selected as the night’s entertainment. Tim.. Credit: 9to5Mac - Published
Apple celebrated the holiday season today with a live performance by award-winning singer Idina Menzel, who sang a handful of songs from the Disney animated film Frozen, including the soundtrack Let It.. Credit: MacRumours.com - Published
Apple today announced that its ECG app will be available on the Apple Watch Series 4 today as part of watchOS 5.1.2. Alongside that news, TIME has published a new interview with Apple's CEO Tim Cook.. Credit: MacRumours.com - Published