George Soros is a Hungarian-born American business magnate, investor, and philanthropist.
He is the chairman of Soros Fund Management.
He is known as "The Man Who Broke the Bank of England" because of his short sale of US$10 billion worth of pounds, giving him a profit of $1 billion during the 1992 Black Wednesday UK currency crisis.
Soros is one of the thirty richest people in the world.
Soros is a well-known supporter of progressive-liberal political causes.
Between 1979 and 2011, Soros gave away over $8 billion to human rights, public health, and education causes.
He played a significant role in the peaceful transition from communism to capitalism in Eastern Europe and provided one of Europe's largest higher education endowments to Central European University in Budapest.
Soros is also the chairman of the Open Society Foundations.
Facebook investors have called on the company's chief executive Mark Zuckerberg to step down as chairman, following reports that the company hired a public relations firm to smear its critics by.. Credit: New Zealand Herald - Published
Earlier this year, the hashtag #DeleteFacebook was trending on Twitter and people were deleting their Facebook accounts en masse.
The trend came as a result of a report that revealed that data from.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
According to Business Insider, "Mark Zuckerberg says he didn't know that Facebook hired a opposition research firm that attempted to discredit critics of the company by linking them to George Soros."..
Splinter news reports that 'Pod Saves America' founder Tim Miller helped Facebook deflect and cover-up it's misdeeds.
The New York Times wrote a bombshell story, detailing the dirty dealings Facebook..
· Facebook's string of scandals over the last several years have highlighted the poor job Mark Zuckerberg has done running the company — and his lack of accountability.
· The social networking.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
As Facebook reels from a bombshell New York Times report published this week, much of the focus has been on a controversial public relations firm hired by the company. Definers Public Affairs, a DC.. Credit: The Verge - Published
· *Facebook is battling yet another crisis after a bombshell report on how leadership reacted to previous scandals.*
· *Employees at the California tech giant are reacting with a mixture of.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· *The New York Times Wednesday published a 6,000-word exposé saying Facebook leadership is "delay, deny and deflect" when dealing with crises, such as Russian interference during the 2016.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Philanthropist George Soros has called on Facebook to initiate an independent, internal investigation of its lobbying and public relations work.The call comes after the New York Times published a.. Credit: New Zealand Herald - Published Also reported by •Brisbane Times
Facebook chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg has that the company has ever paid firms to create fake news targeting its critics and competitors.
“We absolutely did not pay anyone to create.. Credit: The Wrap - Published
Big advertisers may have supported Facebook as it embarked on an aggressive lobbying campaign to combat its critics — and they probably don't even know it.
According to a bombshell New York Times.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· *Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg has responded to the bombshell New York Times report on mismanagement at the company.*
· *In a Facebook post, Sandberg said she had no idea Facebook hired a PR firm.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Facebook is accused of hiring a Republican public relations team to do opposition research on George Soros. Patrick Gaspard, president of the Open Society Foundations, discusses the attacks. Credit: NPR - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Friday.
1. *The research firm Facebook hired to smear its critics has been pushing an anti-Apple campaign that has Qualcomm’s fingerprints.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Sheryl Sandberg has denied that she obstructed early investigations into election meddling and claimed that she was unaware Facebook was involved with an agency that ran “abhorrent” anti-Semitic.. Credit: TechCrunch - Published
Watch VideoFacebook is denying some of the accusations made in a staggering report from The New York Times.
The Times published a lengthy story Wednesday evening that outlined several allegations.. Credit: Newsy - Published
· *Mark Zuckerberg says he didn't know that Facebook hired a opposition research firm that attempted to discredit critics of the company by linking them to George Soros.*
· *George Soros, a wealthy.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· Facebook's public relations firm this summer tried to discredit the company's critics by linking them to financier George Soros, The New York Times reported .
· The tactic has antisemitic.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
One of the bigger bombshells in The New York Times’ massive Facebook investigation published yesterday was that the company had hired an opposition research and consulting firm known as Definers.. Credit: The Verge - Published