Mark Elliot Zuckerberg is an American computer programmer and Internet entrepreneur.
He is best known as one of five co-founders of the social networking website Facebook.
Zuckerberg was made the chairman and chief executive of Facebook, Inc. in April 2013. and his personal wealth, as of March 2015, is estimated to be $35.1 billion.
Mark Zuckerberg receives a one-dollar salary as CEO of Facebook.
Together with his college roommates and fellow Harvard University students Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes, Zuckerberg launched Facebook from Harvard University's dormitory rooms.
The group then introduced Facebook onto other campuses nationwide and moved to Palo Alto, California shortly afterwards.
In 2007, at the age of 23, Zuckerberg became a billionaire as a result of Facebook's success.
The number of Facebook users worldwide reached a total of one billion in 2012.
Zuckerberg was involved in various legal disputes that were initiated by others in the group, who claimed a share of the company based upon their involvement during the development phase of Facebook.
· Mark Zuckerberg has spoken to Microsoft president and chief legal officer, Brad Smith, about the possibility of joining Facebook, according to a report by The Information on Monday.
· Smith.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
From 810 Epic Rap Battles of History, the YouTube channel famous for pitting historical figures against each other in fictionalized rap battles, returned from a year-long hiatus Friday to show us the.. Credit: Futurism - Published
Facebook CEO must put an end to far-right activists' fundraising on the social networking platform, said British Labour leader Tom Watson, while criticising Mark Zuckerberg for having a "contempt for.. Credit: Sify - Published
Oooohhhhhh, the Epic Rap Battles of Historical past video guys are again after a two-year hiatus, and they are coming for 2 of probably the most shade-able figures within the tech global: Elon Musk and.. Credit: The News Articles - Published Also reported by •Mashable •The Next Web
Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg, Ted Baker's Ray Kelvin and Glencore's Ivan Glasenberg dominate their businesses but as troubles mount they become the problem. Credit: Brisbane Times - Published Also reported by •Sydney Morning Herald •The Age
· *Facebook is building a "hardware prototype testing facility" to test experimental communications hardware in the New Mexico desert.*
· *Earlier this year, Facebook abandoned plans to build.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· *Former British spy chief Robert Hannigan has said Facebook could threaten democracy unless it is controlled.*
· *Hannigan was previously chief of the UK's domestic intelligence agency, GCHQ.*
·.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Facebook is in crisis mode, but the company can take major steps to fix both itself and the global community it says it wants to promote. Facebook founder, CEO, and majority shareholder Mark Zuckerberg.. Credit: NiemanLab - Published
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg could have prevented the Cambridge Analytica scandal and all subsequent matters that have led to users doubting the privacy and security of their data, had he not signed.. Credit: BGR India - Published
· In an open letter addressed to Google CEO Sundar Pichai on Wednesday, contract workers at Google — known internally as TVCs — demanded equal pay and equal opportunity to that of their full-time.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· *The Facebook documents paint a picture of a company that is totally ruthless about making money.*
· *They show that Facebook was prepared to stamp on rivals, cut data deals, make decisions that.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Thursday.
1. *The chief financial officer of Chinese tech and telecoms giant Huawei has been arrested in Canada at the request of US.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg questioned the business case for giving millions of outside software developers wide access to customer data before endorsing the practice in 2012, according to.. Credit: Reuters - Published