Reuters reports that most Starbucks cafes will close across north America for two weeks. On Friday, Starbucks Corp said that they'll reduce their services to drive-throughs, to help reduce the spread..
Larry talks with veteran campaign manager Susan Estrich and former White House spokesman Reed Dickens about the state of the Democratic party in this turbulent election cycle and its impact on Donald..
Harvey Weinstein faces sentencing today in Lower Manhattan following his conviction on third degree rape and criminal sex act charges. This comes as new documents are unsealed in the case. CBS2's Reena..
Most of the factories in China that supply devices and components to Apple are back to churning out products, but Apple suppliers are said to be worried about how much demand there will be for the.. MacRumours.com - Published
A Federal Elections Commission complaint has been filed against former New York City mayor and 2020 presidential hopeful Mike Bloomberg for an $18 million transfer from his defunct campaign to the.. FOXNews.com - Published
By Michael Lelyveld
As China’s economy struggles to recover from the COVID-19 epidemic, analysts are trying to estimate how much damage has already been done.
Government agencies and official.. Eurasia Review - Published
Caught in the Saudi-Russian oil price war, Africa’s largest oil producer, Nigeria, has discounted deeply its crude and aims to pump as much as it can, trying to retain customers in the unprecedented.. OilPrice.com - Published
· *Sling is one of the most affordable cord-cutting services on the market, offering two packages — Orange and Blue — with 30+ channels starting at $30 a month** or combined for.. Business Insider - Published
Bloomberg Philanthropies and the state of Maryland have teamed up to give $4 million in funding to Johns Hopkins University to support research on coronavirus treatments. The funding, announced Friday,.. bizjournals - Published
· Apple's manufacturing partners are looking to diversify their production to locations outside of China, such as India, Vietnam, and Indonesia.
· The trade war and the coronavirus pandemic sparked.. Business Insider - Published
Tesla is reducing number of on-site workers at its Nevada gigafactory by 75% in response to the growing spread of COVID-19, according to an update from Storey County, where the massive plant is.. TechCrunch - Published
· The novel coronavirus continues to cripple the global demand for oil, driving down the price to 17-year lows.
· Oil companies are among those that will be hurt the most. The breakeven oil price.. Business Insider - Published
(Bloomberg) -- Spain saw 655 people die from the coronavirus over the past 24 hours as the pace of fatalities slowed. The total number of deaths rose to 4,089 and the number of confirmed cases climbed.. WorldNews - Published
HONG KONG, March 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- FTLife Insurance Company Limited ("FTLife") is pleased to announce audited annual results for the year ended 31 December 2019. Financial highlights.. PR Newswire Asia - Published
· *Stocks fell on Friday as surging unemployment and novel coronavirus cases in the US overpowered hopes for a $2 trillion stimulus bill to mitigate the pandemic's fallout.*
· *Initial jobless.. Business Insider - Published
Taiwanese makers of iPhone-bound printed circuit boards (PCBs) have denied reports that Apple has asked them to postpone volume production of Apple's 2020 iPhone by two months, according to a DigiTimes.. MacRumours.com - Published
Global oil demand could fall by about 20 million barrels per day, EIA’s Executive Director, Fatih Birol said in a Thursday press briefing, according to Bloomberg. As 3 billion people in the world.. OilPrice.com - Published
Researchers at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health contributed to a new U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report that finds the prevalence of autism spectrum disorder.. Eurasia Review - Published
S&P/ASX 200 (INDEXASX:XJO) (ASX:XJO) futures are up around 4% heading into the open as the ASX 200 looks to build on yesterday's gains of 2.30% to 5,113.30. US markets put together their third positive.. Proactive Investors - Published
Venezuela is looking to shut in some of its still-operational oil wells as oil buyers prove increasingly hard to find at a time when oil demand worldwide is plunging and domestic inventories near.. OilPrice.com - Published
Daimler is in talks with lenders for a credit facility of at least 10 billion euros ($11.03 billion) to help the car company cope with the coronavirus outbreak, Bloomberg reported on Thursday. Reuters - Published
· Apple will likely add 5G support to its 2020 flagship iPhones, according to early reports and rumors.
· Other than 5G connectivity, the phones are said to feature a more advanced 3D camera and new.. Business Insider - Published
It happened: Amazon shut down one of its warehouse indefinitely after three workers tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), Bloomberg reports. Through automated calls, the e-commerce giant told.. The Next Web - Published
Apple has expressed a profound interest in augmented reality in recent years, making a major push into the space with frameworks like ARKit and RealityKit, creative tools like Reality Composer and.. MacRumours.com - Published
· Amazon has indefinitely shut a returns center in Shepherdsville, Kentucky after three workers tested positive for coronavirus.
· Originally the facility was only supposed to remain closed for 48.. Business Insider - Published
· WallStreetBets, the popular subreddit sometimes described as the "Wild West of investing advice," is hosting a live trading competition in October.
· The event, which will take place October 28-30.. Business Insider - Published
[allAfrica] Johannesburg -Police shot and killed two people for defying lockdown orders imposed by the government to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus, according to Bloomberg. allAfrica.com - Published
The Democratic establishment is deriving some delusionary cheer from it. The line of candidates for the presidential nomination has thinned, many falling out and proceeding, suicidally, to endorse.. Eurasia Review - Published
HousingWire Columnist Logan Mohtashami was recently interviewed on Bloomberg Radio about the impact of COVID-19 on the housing industry.
The post HousingWire columnist featured on Bloomberg Radio.. HousingWire - Published
· Billionaire Mark Cuban says we should be listening to epidemiologists, not billionaires, when it comes to deciding when to return to work.
· "Ignore anything someone like me might say. Lives are.. Business Insider - Published
· Apple's iPhone 12 could be delayed by one to 2 months, according to analysts at JPMorgan.
· Travel restrictions put in place to curb the coronavirus outbreak may delay Apple's engineering and.. Business Insider - Published
· *Warren Buffett has touted the value of stock buybacks for decades.*
· *US lawmakers want to pass a coronavirus stimulus bill that temporarily bars companies that receive government bailouts.. Business Insider - Published
· The novel coronavirus has cratered global oil demand and ignited a price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia that has caused the price to collapse.
· The price of Brent crude, the global.. Business Insider - Published
A dramatic change in oil demand coupled with an unexpected increase in production has upended the industry, Vitol’s chief executive Russell Hardy told Bloomberg in an interview. At its peak, oil.. OilPrice.com - Published
Washington D.C., Mar 25, 2020 / 09:30 am (CNA).- The Senate reached a bipartisan agreement early Wednesday morning on a rescue package for the U.S. economy as part of the government response to the.. CNA - Published
A month ago, Apple closed all of its retail stores outside of China due to the coronavirus outbreak. Now, according to a Bloomberg report, the company is looking to start reopening them in the first.. Mashable - Published Also reported by •Reuters
Apple's iPhone factories in India are closing temporarily, after the Indian government ordered the country's population of 1.3 billion people to stay at home for at least three weeks in a bid to reduce.. MacRumours.com - Published
As highlighted in a new report from Bloomberg, Apple’s current rules prevent makers of game streaming services to get an app on the App Store. The rules disallow an app from acting as a game.. 9to5Mac - Published
· *Stocks climbed on Wednesday after US lawmakers agreed on a $2 trillion stimulus bill to buttress the US economy against the novel coronavirus.*
· *The Senate plans to provide around $500.. Business Insider - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Wednesday.
1. *Facebook's ads business is being hurt by coronavirus — even though the lockdown has caused unprecedented usage.* Much of.. Business Insider - Published
[IPS] Sydney and Kuala Lumpur -The economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic is hard to predict as events are still unfolding, and estimates vary dramatically. UNCTAD estimates lost output in the.. allAfrica.com - Published
By Ryan McMaken*
Imagine an ordinary person sees a headline like this over her morning coffee: “Your City Will Soon Be the Homicide Capital of the World.” But, upon further inspection, it turns.. Eurasia Review - Published
By Yigal Chazan*
Russia’s new premier, Mikhail Mishustin, is facing the considerable challenge of rebooting an ambitious multi-billion-dollar nationwide investment program that looks to be.. Eurasia Review - Published