Carole Cadwalladr's investigation into Cambridge Analytica's role in Brexit led her to Russian connections and the Trump campaign. She says British investigators are working "closely with the FBI." NPR
· *Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg took harsh criticism on Wednesday after saying that the social network won't ban Holocaust deniers from Facebook.*
· *Zuckberg said that, although he finds Holocaust.. Business Insider
Advocacy group Fair Vote UK is assembling a class action lawsuit against Facebook over its mishandling of people's information. According to Business Insider, Fair Vote has 84 claimants so far, but 1.1..
LONDON (AP) — British authorities looking into inappropriate use of data gathered by political consultant Cambridge Analytica from millions of Facebook users say some of the systems that accessed the.. SeattlePI.com Also reported by •SFGate •New Zealand Herald •Seattle Times
· *Genesis lead singer Peter Gabriel backed a British blockchain startup.*
· *Provenance uses the technology underpinning cryptocurrencies to show people where their food comes from.*
.. Business Insider
· *The data Cambridge Analytica harvested from Facebook was accessed in Russia, the UK's Information Commissioner's Office has confirmed.*
· *British lawmaker Damian Collins told CNN that.. Business Insider Also reported by •CNNMoney
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Wednesday.
*1. Walmart and Microsoft, Amazon's two most powerful rivals, decided to team up on cloud technology. *Microsoft will provide.. Business Insider
A Facebook representative apologized to popular pro-Trump vloggers Diamond and Silk on Tuesday for calling their Page “dangerous” while speaking at a Congressional hearing on content moderation and.. The Wrap
· *Scandal-hit Cambridge Analytica attempted to sell itself to more than 18,000 parties after going into administration in May.*
· *The company received just four offers to buy its assets, some for.. Business Insider