· *The Democratic presidential candidates have unveiled a series of tax plans that align with their political goals.*
· *Despite an ideological gulf between them, the moderate and progressive wings.. Business Insider - Published
Denver (AP) — In this post-impeachment era of divisiveness and deadlock in the nation’s capital, Uncle Sam has a message for top U.S. technologists:
I Still Want You.
A Washington-based nerd.. SeattlePI.com - Published
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said what the worst thing could be with Sen. Bernie Sanders in the White House. She said the worst-case scenario would be a compromise on health care with a public option...
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is an outspoken advocate for Medicare for All. However, she recently made a starting admission. In an interview with the Huffington Post she conceded that Medicare for All may..
The Baltimore City Council on Monday unanimously approved legislation designed to help address the root causes of crime in the city as police investigate another wave of homicides that took place over..
· *AOC conceded that Medicare for All may not become law right away in an interview with the Huffington Post.*
· *"The worst-case scenario? We compromise deeply and we end up getting a public.. Business Insider - Published
· 2019 was a critical year for biotech and healthcare startups, with an unprecedented number of them making the leap from private to public and more considering making the jump in 2020.
· There.. Business Insider - Published
· *Wendell Potter, a former insurance executive, ripped into Pete Buttigieg's health plan in an interview with Business Insider.*
· *Potter said he believes the plan is a "godsend" for the insurance.. Business Insider - Published
The proportion of people in families struggling to pay medical bills is down, but the number isn't dropping like it used to, according to a big government study.
In a 2018 national survey, just over.. SeattlePI.com - Published
Watch VideoPlanned Parenthood and the ACLU are suing the Trump administration over a policy they say would make it harder to pay for abortions through certain insurers.
The policy in question is.. Newsy - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump’s budget contains an $844 billion mystery pot for his still undefined health care plan, signaling steep cuts to Medicaid and “Obamacare.”
That.. SeattlePI.com - Published
By Matt Hadro
Catholic theologian Charles Camosy has resigned from the board of Democrats for Life of America (DFLA), writing in an op-ed on Thursday that the Democratic Party’s extreme support of.. Eurasia Review - Published Also reported by •CNA
Health insurance costs weigh heavily on the minds of many middle-aged adults, and many are worried for what they’ll face in retirement or if federal health policies change, according to a new.. Eurasia Review - Published
· *Trump pledged to protect health coverage for patients with pre-existing conditions at the State of the Union address on Tuesday.*
· *"I've also made an ironclad pledge to American families: We.. Business Insider - Published
The Democratic candidates for president came out swinging on Twitter and television during and after Republican President Donald Trump gave his State of the Union address Tuesday night.
Joining NBC.. The Wrap - Published
Tallahassee, Fla., Feb 4, 2020 / 01:19 pm (CNA).- Several states this legislative session have introduced bills aimed at curtailing access to transgender surgery and puberty-blocking drugs for minors,.. CNA - Published
Getting covered by health insurance may have a major impact on a low-income person’s ability to get a job or enroll in school, according to a new study that gives the first direct look at the.. Eurasia Review - Published
The birth control pill became commercially available in 1960, and in 1973 abortion was legalized. Those on the left who have been pushing for a libertine culture have won the PR battle on contraception.. Eurasia Review - Published
· *Trump is moving to allow states to cap their spending on parts of Medicaid, a public health insurance program for low-income Americans.*
· *The new initiative allows states to convert portions of.. Business Insider - Published
Pierre, S.D., Jan 30, 2020 / 03:32 pm (CNA).- A bill aiming to ban sex-reassignment surgery and puberty-blocking medication for minors passed the South Dakota House of Representatives by a vote of.. CNA - Published
WASHINGTON — The Trump administration said Thursday that it would allow states to cap Medicaid spending for many poor adults, a major shift long sought by conservatives that gives states the option.. Seattle Times - Published
Pierre, S.D., Jan 29, 2020 / 12:26 am (CNA).- A bill aiming to ban sex-reassignment surgery and puberty-blocking medication for minors in South Dakota cleared a House committee Jan. 22, and is set to.. CNA - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — An annual congressional report says the U.S. budget deficit is likely to burst through the symbolic $1 trillion barrier this year despite a healthy economy. Tuesday's Congressional.. WorldNews - Published Also reported by •SeattlePI.com
South Bend, Ind., Jan 28, 2020 / 12:59 am (CNA).- The University of Notre Dame’s refusal to pay for drugs that can cause early abortions will face further litigation in court, after a federal judge.. CNA - Published
It’s that time again.
The IRS began accepting and processing tax returns for individuals on Monday.
Last year’s filing season was an adjustment for taxpayers and industry professionals alike.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· *Andrew Yang swung at former President Obama's decision to bail out Wall Street over Main Street during the 2008-09 financial crisis in a New York Times interview, calling it a "real missed.. Business Insider - Published
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla (AP) — Consumers who bought short-term health insurance thinking they had found a better deal than “Obamacare” during the open enrollment season may be in for a shock when.. SeattlePI.com - Published
Washington D.C., Jan 22, 2020 / 09:00 am (CNA).- The Supreme Court on Tuesday declined to fast-track hearing a new appeal of the Affordable Care Act. The decision comes after the act’s individual.. CNA - Published Also reported by •Al Jazeera
Watch VideoThe Supreme Court says it won't expedite an appeal of a lower court decision that could put an end to the Affordable Care Act, rejecting Democrats' efforts to get a quick ruling.
On.. Newsy - Published
The Supreme Court Tuesday denied a motion from a coalition of Democrat-led states asking the justices to speed up the review of a federal appeals court decision that put the future of the Affordable.. FOXNews.com - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court refused Tuesday to consider a fast-track review of a lawsuit that threatens the Obama-era health care law, making it highly unlikely that the justices would decide.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· *Medicare for All supporters got a huge endorsement on Monday from the American College of Physicians.*
· *It's the second largest doctor group in the United States.*
· *The ACP in a health.. Business Insider - Published
Watch VideoThe U.S. Supreme Court will decide if employers should be allowed to refuse to provide free birth control coverage to their workers if they have moral or religious objections.
On.. Newsy - Published
*COSTA MESA, CA / ACCESSWIRE / January 20, 2020 / *This week leaders converge on Davos this week for the annual World Economic Forum. Charles Laverty calls on political, business leaders and parents to.. Accesswire - Published
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court agreed Friday to decide whether the Trump administration may allow employers to limit women’s access to free birth control under the Affordable Care Act. The case.. Seattle Times - Published
UPPER NYACK, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- #ACA--Patient Groups Including Global Healthy Living Foundation File Brief to Argue Against Texas v. United States & in Support of the Affordable Care Act Business Wire - Published
The past year has been one marked with significant change in Ontario. We have seen the introduction of new legislation including the Connecting Care Act, 2019 and policy changes which substantially.. Mondaq - Published
· *President Trump said in a pair of Monday morning tweets that he "saved" insurance coverage for pre-existing conditions on behalf of Americans, a claim that was misleading at best.*
· *Trump first.. Business Insider - Published
If climate change, nuclear standoffs, assault weapons, hate crimes, mass killings, Russian trolls, near-record inequality, kids locked in cages at our border, and Donald Trump in the White House.. Eurasia Review - Published
Watch VideoAfter President George W. Bush nominated him to serve as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court in 2005, John Roberts described his judicial philosophy with a famous analogy from America's.. Newsy - Published
Thousands of people have applied for new health plans in Idaho that revive insurance-industry practices banned by the Affordable Care Act, including charging sick people higher premiums and limiting.. Newsmax - Published