US President Donald Trump's administration announced that it would remove tough legal limits on how long migrant children can be detained as part of its broader crackdown on undocumented immigrants. News24 - Published
· *A recently passed bipartisan budget agreement is expected to push the national deficit above $1 trillion next year.*
· * The Congressional Budget Office significantly raised its federal deficit.. Business Insider - Published
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security on Wednesday announced plans to withdraw from a court settlement limiting the government's ability to detain immigrant children beyond 20 days, saying it would..
President Donald Trump said trade talks between the U.S. and China were productive. According to Reuters, he said they are expected to meet with China in September. This is despite U.S. tariffs on over..
Business Insider reports that Boris Johnson is working on his golf skills. Johnson hopes being good at gold will help the UK secure a favorable trade deal with US President Donald Trump. Johnson booked..
By John W. Whitehead*
“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out … without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he.. Eurasia Review - Published
Watch VideoThe Trump administration has announced a new rule that will allow it to detain migrant families for longer periods of time.
The rule replaces the 1997 Flores Settlement Agreement,.. Newsy - Published
· *President Donald Trump lashed out at the Federal Reserve and its chairman, Jay Powell, on Wednesday.*
· *The tweetstorm came as he sought to shift blame for growing recession concerns away from.. Business Insider - Published
· *President Donald Trump on Wednesday repeated the baseless claim that journalists are somehow behind growing recession concerns.*
· *That appeared to be his latest attempt to shift blame on the.. Business Insider - Published
President Donald Trump says his administration is in "meaningful" talks with Democrats about gun legislation after the latest mass shootings, but congressional aides downplayed the discussions as.. Newsmax - Published
· *US and Japanese trade negotiators are meeting today and tomorrow.*
· *A deal would ease mounting concerns about global trade and raise hopes of an end to the US-China trade war.*
· *Japan.. Business Insider - Published
· Usher, Megan Rapinoe, Julia Roberts, and Energy Secretary Rick Perry were among a bunch of famous names to share an old-school Instagram chain hoax on Tuesday.
· They reposted the same clumsily.. Business Insider - Published
U.S. envoy for North Korea Stephen Biegun says the Trump administration is ready to resume stalled negotiations over North Korea's nuclear program. Speaking Wednesday in Seoul where he was meeting with.. WorldNews - Published
President Donald Trump's administration has been scrambling to stem the tide of rising anger in Farm Belt states after its decision this month to allow numerous oil refiners to mix less ethanol into.. Reuters - Published Also reported by •Newsmax •Reuters India
· *President Donald Trump confirmed Tuesday the White House would consider further tax cuts in an attempt to boost the economy.*
· *That came even **as he continued to downplay growing concerns.. Business Insider - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — When Donald Trump assumed the presidency, conservative religious leaders drew up “wish lists” of steps they hoped he’d take to oppose abortion and rein in the LGBTQ-rights.. Seattle Times - Published
· *The White House has sought to downplay growing recession concerns among economists and investors.*
· *But its recent policy suggestions paint a picture of an administration keenly aware of an.. Business Insider - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump says his administration is a looking at tax cut proposals but not as a response to a potential recession. He says, “I’m looking at that all the time.. Seattle Times - Published
President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that his administration was in discussions with Democrats to produce some sort of meaningful gun legislation following mass shootings in the United States in.. Reuters - Published
A U.S. House of Representatives committee on Tuesday urged a federal judge to quickly resolve its bid to obtain President Donald Trump's tax returns, which the Trump administration has refused to turn.. Reuters - Published Also reported by •Reuters India
· *President Donald Trump on Monday ordered cabinet members to alleviate anger from corn farmers over his administration's decision to exempt some refiners from US biofuel laws, Reuters reported.*
·.. Business Insider - Published
President Donald Trump and his advisers are considering options to stimulate the U.S. economy as indicators that the administration previously used to boast of an economic “boom” have fizzled on.. Seattle Times - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is meeting with Romanian President Klaus Iohannis at the White House as the two leaders explore ways to cooperate on defense and energy issues. Iohannis.. Seattle Times - Published
· *United States Steel Corporation has laid off dozens at a facility in Michigan and outlined plans to temporarily remove up to 200 workers in the coming weeks*
· * President Donald Trump last year.. Business Insider - Published
White House officials have begun preparing options to help prevent a recession, including mulling a potential payroll tax cut and a possible reversal of some of President Donald Trump’s tariffs,.. bizjournals - Published
Democratic presidential candidate Julián Castro's plan comes a week after the Trump administration announced that it would reduce regulations relating to the Endangered Species Act.
USATODAY.com - Published
Trump calls on Federal Reserve to cut interest rates
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is calling on the Federal Reserve to cut interest rates by at least a full percentage-point.. SeattlePI.com - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — Planned Parenthood said Monday it's pulling out of the federal family planning program rather than abide by a new Trump administration rule prohibiting clinics from referring women.. SeattlePI.com - Published
Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross announced a 90-day reprieve to Chinese tech company Huawei on Monday. President Donald Trump’s administration had put Huawei on an entity list that banned the company.. Daily Caller - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is calling on the Federal Reserve to cut interest rates by at least a full percentage point "over a fairly short period of time," saying such a move would.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· *President Donald Trump lashed out at the Federal Reserve and Democrats on Monday in his latest Twitter attack. *
· *He has sought to dodge any blame on the economy days after a key recession.. Business Insider - Published
· *The US economy appears poised to enter a recession within the next two years, a new survey out Monday found.*
· *More than 70% of economists surveyed by the National Association for Business.. Business Insider - Published