Stocks gained ground on Thursday as hopes for a truce between Saudi Arabia and Russia propelled oil prices, taking some attention off a staggering record jump in unemployment claims. Conway G. Gittens..
World stocks were pinned down on Thursday by the rising death toll from the new coronavirus and deepening economic pain, with another record week of jobless claims expected in the United States. Ciara..
The number of Americans filing claims for unemployment benefits surged to a record of more than 3 million last week as an economy grounded to a halt by the coronavirus pandemic throws millions out of..
The U.S. Labor Department showed 3.3 million Americans filed for unemployment for the week ending March 21.
According to Business Insider that's a staggering increase in unemployment cases.
In a CNBC..
Financial markets around the world took another hammering on Monday as a rising tide of national coronavirus lockdowns threatened to overwhelm policymakers' frantic efforts to cushion what is likely to..
Over 9 million Americans applied for unemployment in the last two weeks, a grim record that reflects the coronavirus pandemic’s toll on the U.S. economy. CBS News business analyst Jill Schlesinger.. CBS News - Published
U.S. stock markets struggled Friday in the homestretch of another volatile week of trading, as more dismal job numbers poured in. Oil prices, meanwhile, continued to build on this week's surge. The.. WorldNews - Published
· JPMorgan estimates that 7 million Americans will file for unemployment benefits next week, according to a Friday note from economist Jesse Edgerton.
· The estimate comes after a brutal March.. Business Insider - Published
· The economic fallout from the coronavirus pandemic threatens to wipe out many different kinds of jobs in the US, not just in hospitality and travel but also in spaces including sports and.. Business Insider - Published
· Friday's March jobs report showed that the US lost 701,000 jobs, much more than the 100,000 economists expected.
· The report also didn't include the last two weeks of the month where a record 10.. Business Insider - Published
· *Dire jobless data this week revealed historic layoff activity through March, and Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman estimates the unemployment rate could skyrocket to 20% by mid-April.*
·.. Business Insider - Published
· · The nation's housing crisis has been amplified by the coronavirus, as millions of out-of-work Americans are still on the hook for rent. Eviction moratoriums across 27 states may have extended.. Business Insider - Published
· The two-week spike in jobless claims suggests a coronavirus-fueled recession will be deeper than initially thought, and reveals several unforeseen weaknesses in the US economy that were already.. Business Insider - Published
(Natural News) A record-shattering 6.6 million jobless claims were filed last week, according to the Department of Labor’s (DOL) weekly jobless claims report. This is more than double the number.. NaturalNews.com - Published
CLR James: “When history is written as it ought to be written, it is the moderation and long patience of the masses at which men will wonder, not their ferocity.” + Is it possible for an entire.. WorldNews - Published
BEIJING (AP) — Asian stock markets tumbled Friday after soaring U.S. job losses tempered enthusiasm about a possible deal to stabilize oil prices amid anxiety over the global economic decline due to.. SeattlePI.com - Published
Video commentary for April 2nd 2020 Eoin Treacy's view A link to today;s video commentary is posted in the Subscriber's Area. Some of the topics discussed include: oil rebounds and gold firms,.. Proactive Investors - Published
(Natural News) To say that the employment situation in America is bad and getting worse is probably the understatement of the year. After mayors and governors have shut down most of their cities and.. NaturalNews.com - Published
· *US stocks gained on Thursday after jobless claims soared to 6.6 million, marking a second straight weekly record as the coronavirus outbreak spurs layoffs.*
· *The spike in claims was roughly.. Business Insider - Published
Vice President Mike Pence said the U.S. economy will strongly rebound from mounting unemployment amid the coronavirus pandemic, after the number of jobless claims grew to 10 million over the past two.. Newsmax - Published
· The Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index dropped 3.4 points to 56.3 in the week ending March 29, the worst two-week fall on record including the previous 3.3-point drop, Bloomberg reported Thursday.
·.. Business Insider - Published
Wall Street bounced on Thursday as hopes of a truce between Saudi Arabia and Russia to cut oil output drove a record 22% surge in prices, outweighing the shock of over 6 million Americans filing for.. Reuters India - Published Also reported by •Reuters
Wall Street bounced on Thursday as hints of a deal between Russia and Saudi Arabia drove a record 30% surge in oil prices, outweighing the shock of a jump in U.S. jobless claims past 6 million. Reuters - Published
The coronavirus pandemic triggered a record 6.6 million jobless claims in a week and killed nearly 1,000 Americans in a single day, the latest data show, as the crisis led officials to order more than.. Reuters India - Published Also reported by •Reuters
The number of Americans filing claims for unemployment benefits shot to a record high of more than 6 million last week as more jurisdictions enforced stay-at-home measures to curb the coronavirus.. Reuters India - Published Also reported by •Reuters •IndiaTimes
The death toll from the coronavirus pandemic continued to rise on Thursday, after the World Health Organization said the global case count would reach 1 million and the death toll 50,000 in the next.. Reuters India - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — More than 6.6 million Americans applied for unemployment benefits last week — doubling a record high set just one week earlier — a sign that layoffs are accelerating in the.. WorldNews - Published
Shares of Starbucks Corporation (SBUX) are climbing more than 4% Thursday morning despite the market opened in red after the jobless claims hit a record of 6.65 million for the last week. There are no.. RTTNews - Published
· *US stocks slid Thursday after jobless claims soared to 6.6 million, marking a second straight weekly record as coronavirus spurs layoffs.*
· *The spike in claims is roughly double the previous.. Business Insider - Published
The Labor Department has announced that it received over 6 million jobless claims in one week, significantly higher than the previous week's record-setting 3.3 million. CBS News Business Analyst Jill.. CBS News - Published
U.S. stock indexes fell at the open on Thursday after U.S. jobless claims blew past a record 6 million as more states enforced stay-at-home measures to combat the coronavirus pandemic. Newsmax - Published Also reported by •Reuters India •Reuters
U.S. stocks fell Thursday after the number of Americans who filed claims for unemployment benefits surged to 6.6 million last week in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
Delawareonline - Published Also reported by •USATODAY.com