· Facebook has said it deployed experimental audio tech to support its AI in detecting and blocking copies of the New Zealand mosque shootings video.
· In a blog published on Wednesday, the social.. Business Insider - Published
· *Facebook rejected the idea of putting a time delay on live videos to stop harmful content, such as the New Zealand mosque shootings, being broadcast to its billions of users.*
· *Facebook said.. Business Insider - Published
In a speech to the House of Commons days after the terrorist attack in New Zealand, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called on fellow MPs to confront hate and toxic rhetoric, whether they see it online,..
According to Reuters, New Zealand police promised a high-profile presence, as schools and businesses in Christchurch reopened on Monday after a gunman killed 50 people at two mosques in the city last..
According to Reuters, Australian Brenton Tarrant, a suspected white supremacist, was charged with murder on Saturday after 49 people were killed and dozens wounded in mass shootings at two New Zealand..
According to Reuters, U.S. President Donald Trump said he told New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, that the United States is prepared to give any assistance following the killing of 49 people at..
· *Platforms including 4chan, 8chan, and LiveLeak hosted footage of the New Zealand mosque attacks that killed 50 people last week.*
· *In response, a number of internet service providers in.. Business Insider - Published
· *Big tech is coming under renewed political pressure following the mass shootings at two New Zealand mosques on Friday.*
· *The attack was livestreamed on Facebook before spreading like wildfire.. Business Insider - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Wednesday.
1. *Google announced a huge gaming initiative: A Netflix-like video-game streaming platform named Stadia.* The service is.. Business Insider - Published
Facebook will overhaul its advertising systems to prevent discrimination in housing, credit and employment ads as part of a legal settlement.
For the social network, that’s one major legal problem.. SFGate - Published
NPR's Mary Louise Kelly talks with Professor Khaled Beydoun of the University of Detroit about his Twitter project chronicling the lives of people killed in the Christchurch, New Zealand shootings. NPR - Published Also reported by •euronews
Social media platforms like YouTube are investigating the flaws within their systems that allow users to publish violent acts. Elizabeth Dwoskin, Silicon Valley correspondent at the Washington Post,.. CBS News - Published
Teenagers at a secondary school in Christchurch performed a haka — a ceremonial dance or challenge in Māori culture — in tribute to the victims of the New Zealand mosque shootings. euronews - Published
· *Facebook said no users reported the video of the New Zealand mosque shootings while it was still live.*
· *This was disputed by a reporter for Right Wing Watch, who said he was alerted to the.. Business Insider - Published
The White House is pushing back against accusations President Trump's rhetoric encourages white supremacists, like the man accused in the New Zealand mosque shootings. A manifesto purportedly written.. CBS News - Published
YouTube has struggled to keep video of the New Zealand mosque shooting off its platform, with Neil Mohan, chief product officer of the world’s biggest video hub, telling The Washington Post on Monday.. The Wrap - Published
The White House is defending President Trump's response to the New Zealand mosque shootings. This comes after he downplayed the threat of white nationalists. He's also facing backlash for tweeting.. CBS News - Published
Facebook said it took down 1.5 million videos related to the New Zealand mosque shootings. Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the social media giant could do more. Brian Barrett of Wired joined CBSN to.. CBS News - Published
New Zealand police promised a high-profile presence as schools and businesses in Christchurch reopened on Monday after a gunman killed 50 people at two mosques in the city last week, and the prime.. Reuters - Published
Britain will provide any assistance needed to New Zealand following Friday's shootings at two New Zealand mosques that killed 50 people, Prime Minister Theresa May said on Sunday during a call with her.. Reuters - Published
Serious questions have been raised about tech companies' ability to police extremist content after footage of New Zealand's mosque shootings was broadcast live on Facebook. The prime minister said she.. Deutsche Welle - Published
The death toll in the New Zealand mosque shootings rose to 50 on Sunday after police found another victim at one of the mosques, and Prime Minister Jacinda… Japan Today - Published Also reported by •Reuters India •Reuters
An aircraft engineer, a takeaway store owner, a student pilot; details emerging of some of the 50 people gunned down at two New Zealand mosques paint a picture of dozens of ordinary lives suddenly and.. Reuters India - Published
The death toll in the New Zealand mosque shootings rose to 50 on Sunday when police found another body at one of the mosques, as families waited for authorities to formally identify victims and release.. Reuters India - Published