· *Popular technology stocks have not been immune to market panic around a potential coronavirus pandemic. *
· *FANG stocks, including Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, and Google parent company.. Business Insider - Published
A survey of foreign workers employed by Apple and other tech giants has highlighted controversy around the H-1B visa that allows them to work in the US. President Trump has made it harder to qualify.. 9to5Mac - Published
U.S. stocks ended higher on Monday, rebounding from Friday’s losses as investors brushed aside increased tensions in the Middle East, while shares of Alphabet and other internet names gained. Yahaira..
AAPL lost 4.75% of its value yesterday as fears grow that the coronavirus outbreak may be spreading to other countries too quickly to be contained. The World Health Organisation (WHO) has warned that.. 9to5Mac - Published
· *Veteran tech executive Thomas Kurian had led Oracle's cloud business before his surprising switch to Google two years ago where he is now CEO.*
· *He apparently had a rough tenure as head of.. Business Insider - Published
US treasury secretary Stephen Mnuchin warned G20 members of retaliatory tariffs should negotiations for a global tax on tech giants fail, Reuters reports. “We’ve been very consistent in saying we.. The Next Web - Published
Giants in technology and consumer products are funneling more cash into a small tech startup that’s developing tiny bluetooth stickers that can transform everyday items — like clothing, wallets or.. Seattle Times - Published
The US imperium is rattled, so much so it’s letting everyone else know about it. Move over the trade war with its bitchy insistence on redressing imbalances, surpluses and deficits; the next phase.. Eurasia Review - Published
Australia's sport organisations are more likely to work with telcos and tech players as traditional media companies come under financial pressure. Brisbane Times - Published Also reported by •Sydney Morning Herald •The Age
Tech giants and sports organizations aren't the only ones wrestling with high-profile Twitter account hijacks. An intruder compromised the account of well-known streamer Ninja (aka Tyler Blevins) in.. engadget - Published
Leading world economies must show unity in dealing with aggressive "tax optimisation" by global digital giants like Google, Amazon and Facebook, G20 officials said on Saturday. Reuters India - Published Also reported by •MENAFN.com •IndiaTimes •Reuters
The deadly Coronavirus outbreak, that originated in Wuhan, China, has been wreaking havoc on the planet for over a month now. More than 2000 people have lost their lives, and 75,000 infected as we.. Fossbytes - Published
ByteDance Inc. is looking to ride the momentum of its blockbuster video app TikTok by launching new apps and expanding into e-commerce, games and other areas, as the company tries to compete against.. Bangkok Post - Published
An absurdly named bill is set to form the latest attempt to create legislation requiring tech giants to provide a backdoor to encryption.
The Eliminating Abuse and Rampant Neglect of Interactive.. 9to5Mac - Published
· Samsung's new Galaxy S20 comes with Google's video-chat app, Duo, baked directly into the phone's calling app.
· It's a subtle addition, but one that gives both Samsung and Google important.. Business Insider - Published
It can be easy for Silicon Valley to feel a little brought down, at least when it comes to how outsiders sees this slice of the world. The Democrats running for president either want to break up Big.. bizjournals - Published
· This is a preview of the *TECH COMPANIES IN FINANCIAL SERVICES* research report from Business Insider Intelligence.
· 14-Day Risk Free Trial: Get full access to this and all Payments industry.. Business Insider - Published
· *Oracle and Google are scheduled to face off before the US Supreme Court on March 24. *
· *The 10-year-old dispute is based on Oracle's claim that Google stole a key component of its Java.. Business Insider - Published
(Natural News) The World Health Organization has held talks with tech giants to stop the spread of coronavirus “misinformation,” despite the fact that some things once labeled “misinformation”.. NaturalNews.com - Published
· *Oracle is accusing Google's chief legal officer of waging a "coercion campaign" aimed at pressuring companies and groups not to endorse its position in their Supreme Court battle.*
· *Oracle.. Business Insider - Published
· Apple said its revenue for the March quarter would be lower than the guidance range it provided in January because of the coronavirus, a rare move for the company.
· It didn't provide a new.. Business Insider - Published
The European Commission plans to create a single European market for data, hoping that pooling the region's deep industrial expertise could help build technology powerhouses to catch up with Silicon.. News24 - Published
Larry Tesler, the computer scientist who created the cut/copy and paste function, died Monday, his former employer Xerox confirmed. He was 74.
Tesler graduated from Stanford University with a degree.. The Wrap - Published
German Finance Minister Olaf Scholz told Reuters on Wednesday he expected financial leaders of the world's 20 largest economies (G20) to make progress at a Riyadh meeting on a global minimum standard.. Reuters India - Published
Just yesterday, Europe’s top competition authority said it would be scrutinizing smaller acquisitions made in the continent by foreign tech giants. The comments, made by Margrethe Vestager, the.. The Next Web - Published
Here's what you need to know before the markets open.
1. *The European Union is planning an industrial-data push and rules to rein in US tech giants*. The European Commission laid out proposals to.. Business Insider - Published
Police will get new powers to access end-to-end encrypted content to fight online child sex abuse networks if tech giants do not water down messaging services. Brisbane Times - Published Also reported by •Sydney Morning Herald
The European Commission will on Wednesday launch the first of a raft of proposals to help European companies exploit their rich trove of industrial data and at the same time rein in online giants.. Reuters India - Published Also reported by •Reuters