One of the leaders of Hong Kong's protest movements urges US politicians to demand the inclusion of a human rights clause in ongoing US-China trade negotiations. Sydney Morning Herald - Published Also reported by •The Age •Brisbane Times
Let's break into trade headlines... And yes, there have been quite a few this week. From Trump delaying the Oct. 1 tariffs by 15 days. And then there was another headline where Trump suggested that he..
These recession fears the market has been ranting and raving about for over a year now are getting firmer and more valid. Monday, UBS Chief Investment Officer of Global Wealth Management Mark Haefele..
JPMorgan Chase analysts say the latest set of US tariffs on Chinese goods could cost American shoppers an extra $1,000 a year. According to Markets Insider, the Trump administration slapped tariffs on..
(Kitco News) - The U.S. doesn't need China and American companies can take their manufacturing elsewhere, this according to Todd Horwitz, chief strategist at BubbaTrading.com. "We do not need China, we..
Nothing is spooking investors on this particular Friday the 13th. The Dow climbed to its eighth day of gains in a row on the news that China will exempt US soybeans and pork from its next round of.. WorldNews - Published
US stocks surged this week to within striking distance of all-time highs, earning trillions back for investors after a tumultuous August. Brisbane Times - Published Also reported by •Sydney Morning Herald •The Age
· *Stocks finished mixed on Friday as the Dow Jones industrial average rose for the eighth day in a row. *
· *The S&P 500 index was relatively flat as gains in materials, financials, and energy.. Business Insider - Published
· The biggest winners on the stock market have suffered through a brutal two-week stretch as investors started instead buying the companies that have done the worst this year.
· According to Ben.. Business Insider - Published
Tariffs imposed or threatened by the United States and China could shave 0.8% off global economic output in 2020 and trigger more losses in future years, the International Monetary Fund said. Newsmax - Published Also reported by •IndiaTimes •FXstreet.com •Hindu
This year, amid trade war concerns, inbound Chinese tourism to Seattle has dropped 2 percent, negatively impacting visitor expenditures, tax generation and our regional balance of trade, said Visit.. bizjournals - Published
Amid the US-China trade war, Huawei is reportedly willing to share its know-how of existing 5G technology for a fee with a western firm. The proposal, made by the company’s Founder and CEO Ren.. BGR India - Published
· A massive shift in the stock market from top-performing growth stocks to lower performing names triggered a sharp shift in "momentum," and is crushing hedge funds this week.
· "This has been a.. Business Insider - Published
In its report released in Santiago in July, the IMF lowered its 2019 global growth forecast from 3.3 per cent to 3.2 per cent, citing international tensions and the US-China trade war in particular. Zee News - Published Also reported by •newKerala.com
Amid the US-China trade war, Huawei has disclosed that the company is willing to share its know-how of existing 5G technology for a fee with a western firm. The proposal, made by Huawei Founder and CEO.. WorldNews - Published
· Institutional investors are cautious about risks to the global economy and are simultaneously reluctant to make any major contrarian bets in the stock market.
· Their uncertainty stems largely.. Business Insider - Published
Benchmark indices finished with smart gains on Friday as investors wagered on another rate cut by the RBI following subdued inflation data amid a broad upmove in global equities on signs of easing.. IndiaTimes - Published
BANGKOK (AP) — Stocks were broadly higher in Asia on Friday as investors stepped up buying on hopes for an easing of tensions in the costly trade war between the U.S. Japan’s Nikkei 225 added 1.1%.. WorldNews - Published Also reported by •SeattlePI.com •Seattle Times
· *Crypto whiz kid Justin Sun paid $4.6 million to have lunch with Warren Buffett, and invited several blockchain bosses and President Donald Trump to join them.*
· *The Tron and BitTorrent boss.. Business Insider - Published
By Andrew Rennemo*
In Mexico, it is a longstanding political tradition for each new president to settle into power with structural change on his mind. For decades, every incoming administration has.. Eurasia Review - Published
Jollibee Foods Corp , the Philippine fast food specialist known for fried 'Chickenjoy' and chopped hotdogs in sweet spaghetti sauce, is doubling down on expansion plans in the United States and China.. Reuters - Published Also reported by •Reuters India
The United States and China traded conciliatory gestures, raising hopes they can de-escalate a standoff over trade that has shaken financial markets and cast gloom over the global… Japan Today - Published
The Trump administration's trade war with China, along with a flight-to-quality in Treasuries, is having more of an impact on the dollar's value than the Federal Reserve's policy stance, according to.. Newsmax - Published