· *Facebook is moving hundreds of employees to a new product-focused augmented reality group as it continues to quietly develop AR glasses.*
· *The employees are being moved out of the.. Business Insider - Published
Facebook's Portal video-conferencing device is life changing and you absolutely have to buy it. Don't believe me? Just take a look at these five-star Amazon reviews left by people who just so happen to.. Mashable - Published
When Haley Joel Osment first encountered A.I. onscreen in 2001, he was an adorably intense child playing the titular role in Steven Spielberg's film, "A.I. Artificial Intelligence." Now he's all grown..
According to Uproxx, Aaron Sorkin, who penned the script for 2010 film 'The Social Network,' thinks a sequel should be made that would cover the many scandals Facebook has been embroiled in recently...
Facebook employees say that in school, getting a "B" for a grade is respectable, if not exactly outstanding. But the same type of performance just doesn't cut it at Mark Zuckerberg's place. According..
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has announced his 10th annual personal challenge: hold a series of public discussions about the problems facing the tech world. Bloomberg Tech Reporter Sarah Frier spoke to..
Business Insider reports that Uber is in no rush to go public this year, according to CEO Dara Khosrowshahi. Khosrowshahi spoke to the The Wall Street Journal in an interview published Tuesday. In the..
Business Insider reports that former Facebook employees are coming forward with reports of feeling pressured to behave a certain way while working for Mark Zuckerberg. Some employees have described the..
Business Insider reports that Gov. Andrew Cuomo asked Tesla for help repairing the NYC Subway system. NY State Gov. Cuomo said at a press conference on Thursday that he reached out to Tesla for ideas..
Since the first Dreamscape Immersive storefront opened at a Los Angeles-area mall a month ago, showtimes have sold out. Dreamscape prefers to call them “departure times.”
The Westfield Century.. The Wrap - Published
· Recent news out of WeWork and Snap illustrates the shortcomings of their corporate structures.
· At Snap, CEO Evan Spiegel's imperial management style seems to be driving away numerous top.. Business Insider - Published
· Facebook collects data on its users, categorizes their interests, then lists those interests for advertisers.
· According to a new study done by Pew Research Center, most Facebook users do not.. Business Insider - Published
In recent years, Facebook has arguably been the most popular app in a lot of major markets across the globe. However, WhatsApp, one of the apps it acquired, has surpassed it in terms of monthly active.. The Next Web - Published
Augmented reality-based game startup Osmo has been acquired for $120 million by Byju's, an India-based company backed by Facebook Inc. founder Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, Dr. Priscilla Chan. The Palo.. bizjournals - Published
Seventy-four percent of Facebook users are unaware that Facebook records a list of their interests for ad-targeting purposes, according to a new study from the Pew Institute.
Participants in the.. The Verge - Published
South by Southwest 2019 is expected to be flooded with business, music and film icons. On tap this year for keynote speeches, according to a Tuesday announcement: • Buzzfeed CEO and founder Jonah.. bizjournals - Published
South by Southwest Conference and Festivals has announced new keynote and featured speakers for the 2019 event, which will include A$AP Rocky, Quibi founder Jeffrey Katzenberg and singer David.. The Wrap - Published
45.5% of brands organize giveaways on both Facebook and Instagram. According to a survey by Easypromos, 25.7% of giveaway organizers only use Facebook. 6.1% of the brands surveyed only run giveaways on.. PRWeb - Published
· *Writer Aaron Sorkin thinks there should be a sequel to the Facebook origins film he wrote, "The Social Network."*
· *He said "a lot of very interesting, dramatic stuff" has happened since the.. Business Insider - Published
· Microsoft President Brad Smith told a room full of journalists that he has "sympathy" for executives at tech companies who find themselves under regulatory scrutiny these days.
· Smith was working.. Business Insider - Published
SAN FRANCISCO , Jan. 11, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- For its fifth consecutive year, the San Francisco Chronicle, Northern California’s largest newspaper, is pleased to announce the nominating committee.. GlobeNewswire - Published
· Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos' impending divorce from his wife, MacKenzie Bezos, carries at least two big risks for the company's shareholders, legal experts say.
· Bezos could become distracted by the.. Business Insider - Published
A closer look at the day's most notable stories with The National's Jonathon Gatehouse: Facebook's latest challenges; Scott Brison's surprise announcement that he's stepping down has immediate.. CBC.ca - Published
· A wave of Facebook execs have left the company in the past 12 months
· And with the company under pressure, there are likely to be more ousters, defections and departures.
· These are some of.. Business Insider - Published
Older doesn’t necessarily mean wiser when it comes to assessing online information. Researchers at Princeton and New York University have found that senior citizens are more likely to share fake news.. The Wrap - Published
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has announced his 10th annual personal challenge: hold a series of public discussions about the problems facing the tech world. Bloomberg Tech Reporter Sarah Frier spoke to.. CBS News - Published
Facebook Inc. CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he’ll focus this year on publicly debating his critics in a series of live broadcasts he’ll host on his site, Instagram and elsewhere. “I'm an engineer, and.. bizjournals - Published
· *Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, the richest man in the world, announced today that he's getting divorced.*
· *Amazon became the second US company to reach the $1 trillion mark in August 2018.*
·.. Business Insider - Published
· *Apple has reportedly hired Sandy Parakilas, a former Facebook employee who has become a prominent critic of the social network.*
· *It coincides with Apple CEO Tim Cook being strongly critical of.. Business Insider - Published
Inside Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg’s annual tradition of setting a personal challenge has been viewed as one of the company’s best public-relations opportunities of the year. Long before Facebook was.. The Verge - Published
Every year since 2009, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has publicly announced his New Year resolutions; for 2019, he intends to “host a series of public discussions about the future of technology in.. The Next Web - Published
Each year, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg takes up new resolutions, and this year too, Zuckerberg has a list of challenges he needs to overcome in 2019. In a lengthy Facebook post by Mark Zuckerberg, he.. Fossbytes - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Wednesday.
1. *Former Facebook employees reportedly say the corporate culture is like a cult where you have to be happy all the time.* More.. Business Insider - Published
· *Sasha Cuttler, a nurse working at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, alleges the medical institution has illegally retaliated against their whistleblowing.*
· *Cuttler has been an.. Business Insider - Published
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has said his personal challenge for 2019 will be to "host a series of public discussions about the future of technology in society - the opportunities, the challenges, the.. Sify - Published
Mark Zuckerberg last year boldly announced his personal challenge was to fix Facebook. This year the Facebook CEO and founder is setting a more modest goal. In a blog post, Mr. Zuckerberg said this.. Wall Street Journal - Published
Facebook Inc Chief Executive Officer Mark Zuckerberg said on Tuesday he will host a series of public discussions about the future of technology in society as part of his personal challenge this year. Reuters - Published Also reported by •Reuters India
There's a problem with those calls to Delete Facebook: some people physically can't.
Some Samsung smartphone owners have found that they're unable to remove the pre-loaded Facebook app from their.. Mashable - Published
· Former Facebook employees say they felt pressure to remain positive and were discouraged from speaking up while working for the social media giant, according to a CNBC report on Tuesday.
· Some.. Business Insider - Published
Every year, Mark Zuckerberg announces his New Year’s resolution. In years past, he’s decided to tackle more inconspicuous tasks: learning Mandarin and traveling the entire country. But in 2019, he.. The Verge - Published
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg sets himself a challenge each year. In the past, he's created an AI assistant for his home and committed to learning Mandarin. This time around, after a torrid year where.. engadget - Published
Mark Zuckerberg knows he has some work to do.
The Facebook CEO had a rough 2018, both personally and professionally, with lawmakers turning on his social-media baby and scandal after scandal after.. Mashable - Published
· *Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says that his new year's resolution is to host public debates about the impact of tech on society. *
· *Every year, Zuckerberg poses himself a challenge — they've.. Business Insider - Published