· *The cross moves higher on GBP-selling, clinches the 0.88 handle.*
· *UK Retail Sales disappointed expectations in December.*
· *PM T.May starts her cross-party talks on a ‘Plan B” for.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Despite a bullish push to end the week, Cable markets remain tense as Brexit uncertainty settles in for the long haul.*
· *PM May may have won her no-confidence vote, but her hands remain tied,.. FXstreet.com - Published
According to Reuters, the sterling is nearing a two-month high against the dollar.
Despite drama in London over Brexit, the UK's currency is trading up seven-tenths of a percent, rising to $1.29.
Britain's last-minute scramble to shape its exit from the EU, its biggest policy upheaval in half a century, hit the rocks on Thursday as Prime Minister Theresa May and opposition Labour leader Jeremy..
The leader of the Democratic Unionist Party has spoken of the "toxicity" of the backstop in Theresa May's current Withdrawal Agreement with the EU. Arlene Foster said, "we need to deal with that issue..
Brandon Lewis has accused Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn of being "hypocritical" for not talking with Theresa May on Wednesday evening following the no-confidence vote. The Conservative Party Chair said..
British Prime Minister Theresa May says she has started meeting leaders of opposition parties about Brexit and called for politicians to "put self-interest aside" and find a consensus on Britain's path..
According to a report by Reuters, on Wednesday, Prime Minister Theresa May won a confidence vote in the British Parliament before inviting other party leaders for immediate talks to try and break the..
Former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern has criticised Theresa May's negotiating style, saying, "You don't survive a confidence vote at seven-thirty, invite opposition parties to talks, then go on TV at.. RTE.ie - Published
Gains in defense shares as well as healthcare helped to keep U.S. stocks in positive territory on Thursday, while an end to the latest chapter in Britain's exit from the European Union, Prime Minister.. Reuters - Published Also reported by •Reuters India
The British Prime Minister is still in office after surviving a no-confidence vote in her government. But Germany and the rest of Europe are deeply worried about the increased likelihood of a no-deal.. Deutsche Welle - Published
Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven was ousted in late September when he lost a no-confidence vote in parliament after an inconclusive election, triggering a period of political deadlock that has.. Reuters India - Published Also reported by •Reuters
· *GBP/USD has been extending its ascent towards the 1.30 handle chalking up a high, so far of 1.2964 from a low of 1.2832.*
· *The market is backing the soft Brexit narrative over a pessimistic.. FXstreet.com - Published
Theresa May’s Brexit defeat was a staggering blow for the embattled British Prime Minister, Domain Gang reports. However, she was able to keep her government in power, winning a no-confidence vote.. WorldNews - Published
* • Chances of a delayed Brexit continue to extend some support to the British Pound. • The USD gets a minor lift after upbeat US data and kept a lid on any strong up-move. *
The.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The Bank of England's Credit Conditions Survey outlines a slowdown in demand for mortgages and credit cards ahead of the UK leaving the European Union on March 31. *
· *UK lenders expect.. Business Insider - Published
Theresa May held out an alive branch to political rivals last night after surviving a Labour bid to oust her, urging them to come to the table and help break the Parliamentary deadlock. MailOnline - Published
British Prime Minister Theresa May faces deadlock on Thursday over a new Brexit plan, after narrowly surviving a no-confidence vote sparked by the crushing defeat of her European Union withdrawal deal... WorldNews - Published
Asian stocks ended mixed on Thursday as a strong start to the U.S. earnings season and hopes for progress on the Brexit front helped investors shrug off worries about U.S.-China trade relations. RTTNews - Published Also reported by •Sify
British Prime Minister Theresa May is reaching out to opposition parties and other lawmakers Thursday in a battle to keep Brexit on track after surviving a no-confidence vote. CTV News - Published Also reported by •New Zealand Herald •Seattle Times
Sterling was stable this morning after British Prime Minister Theresa May survived a no-confidence vote yesterday and invited other party leaders for talks to try to break the impasse on a Brexit.. RTE.ie - Published
British Prime Minister Theresa May makes a statement outside Downing Street, saying it is her "duty" to deliver on Brexit, after her government survives a no-confidence vote sparked by the crushing.. News24 - Published
Greek prime minister Alexis Tsipras on Wednesday survived a confidence vote after a row over a landmark name deal with Macedonia sunk his four-year coalition. A total of 151 lawmakers supported.. Firstpost - Published
British Prime Minister Theresa May reached out to her opponents on Wednesday after narrowly surviving a confidence vote sparked by the crushing defeat in Parliament of her Brexit deal. Firstpost - Published
Today's top stories: Two top lieutenants of Narendra Modi, Amit Shah and Arun Jaitley, unwell months before LS polls; Netflix and local rival Hotstar to censor content in India, say sources; Petrol.. Firstpost - Published
British Prime Minister Theresa May survived a no-confidence vote in her government, freeing her to restart the grinding process of finding a compromise Brexit deal that Parliament can approve. Wall Street Journal - Published
Prime Minister Theresa May won a confidence vote in the British parliament on Wednesday and then appealed to lawmakers from across the political divide to come together to try to break the impasse on a.. Reuters India - Published
· *After this week's Brexit deal blowout, the Pound is struggling to gain momentum as uncertainty remains.*
· *A lack of data sees GBP/USD still trading at the mercy of Brexit-focused.. FXstreet.com - Published