According to Business Insider, student debt has surpassed loans for cars and credit cards, rising to $1.5 trillion. That debt has led to fewer young Americans buying homes. A new Federal Rerseve report..
Banks' revenues and equity volumes have fallen sharply since the financial crisis. Craig Coben, head of equity capital markets at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, explains to the FT's Alexandra Stevenson..
British retailers endured their worst Christmas since the depths of the financial crisis a decade ago as cautious customers forced high street stores such as John Lewis and Debenhams to slash prices to..
British new car sales in 2018 fell at their fastest rate since the global financial crisis a decade ago, hit by the collapse in demand for diesel, as the industry body warned of the existential threat..
The European Central Bank appointed three temporary administrators on Wednesday to take charge of Italy's Carige bank in an effort to save the struggling lender after it failed to raise new capital. As..
When the then seemingly invincible Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa suffered a shock election defeat in 2015, the ousting of the China-friendly leader was widely seen as the beginning of the end.. S.China Morning Post - Published
· *Jamie Dimon will receive a larger pay packet than last year after JPMorgan's "strong performance" in 2018. *
· *The bank's CEO will earn $31 million, up from $29.5 million in 2017, a 5%.. Business Insider - Published
EQS-News / 18/01/2019 / 16:45 UTC+8With the stroke of the gong at the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (hereinafter referred to as HKEx) on January 3, 2019, China Industrial Securities.. EQS Group - Published
Industry-Leading Fund Administration Solutions Will Provide Security, Transparency and Compliance Throughout the Immigrant Investor Process
SAN JOSE, Calif. (PRWEB) January 17, 2019
NES Financial.. PRWeb - Published
· *Student debt has risen to $1.5 trillion, surpassing loans for cars and credit cards.*
· *That has led to fewer young Americans buying homes, according to a new Federal Reserve report.*
· *Loans.. Business Insider - Published
· *The longest partial government shutdown on record was in its fourth week on Thursday. *
· *The Department of Commerce won't report economic figures until Congress reaches a funding.. Business Insider - Published
· Market volatility during first 10 trading days of a year has a strong correlation with how the rest of the year plays out, according to quantitative analysts at Morgan Stanley.
· 2019 had the.. Business Insider - Published
Watch VideoThe board that oversees Puerto Rico's financial crisis is asking a federal court to invalidate $6 billion of the island's public debt.
On Monday, the federal control board says the $6.. Newsy - Published
· *Hong Kong was ranked the most expensive housing market in the world for eight consecutive years. *
· *But property values have fallen sharply in recent months.*
· *A slowing mainland economy,.. Business Insider - Published
· *An increasing amount of evidence is piling up to suggest we're headed for an economic recession.*
· *UBS estimated in September that there was a record $4.3 trillion in lower-quality corporate.. Business Insider - Published
Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters issued a fresh warning to Wall Street on Wednesday as he outlined her agenda as the new chairwoman of the House Financial Services Committee, saying she won't let the.. FOXNews.com - Published
January 16, 2019
*Declaration made pursuant to Article L. 233-8-II of the French Commercial Code and Article 223-16 of the General Regulation of the Autorité des Marchés.. GlobeNewswire - Published
The Great Recession showed the need for effective communication and ensuring banks have adequate capital, according to a Federal Reserve official. Charlie Evans, the president of the Federal Reserve.. bizjournals - Published
Analysts at TD Securities suggest that the release of Fed’s Beige Book and Minneapolis Fed President Kashkari speech will be in focus today.
“The Fed will release its Beige Book.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Global debt is hovering near an all-time high at $244 trillion, the Institute of International Finance said in a new report.*
· *The corporate sector has accounted for a third of global debt.. Business Insider - Published
· Investors are paying a historically large premium to buy stocks with low volatility instead of those with high volatility, according to UBS.
· Keith Parker, the firm's head of US equity strategy,.. Business Insider - Published
Bank of America Merrill Lynch announced fourth-quarter earnings results Wednesday, handily beating expectations with $0.70 in adjusted earnings of per share and record net earnings of $7.3.. Business Insider - Published
By Frank Kane
World leaders are preparing to head to the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, Switzerland, amid the riskiest global backdrop in years, according to a report.. Eurasia Review - Published
2.5/5 stars South Korea was one of many Asian nations brought to their knees by the 1997 financial crisis: it faced imminent bankruptcy and was forced to accept a US$20 billion bailout from the.. S.China Morning Post - Published
· *Business Insider interviewed star China debt analyst Charlene Chu about the hottest debate in Chinese economics right now — whether the country's slowdown is due to its trade war with the US or.. Business Insider - Published
· Investors are demanding changes to how companies spend their money amid concerns about excessive corporate debt.
· Two telling responses in Bank of America Merrill Lynch's monthly survey of fund.. Business Insider - Published
· *JPMorgan's fourth-quarter profit grew massively, but still missed Wall Street estimates.*
· *Last year's profits were impacted by the passage of the new tax code.*
· Watch JPMorgan trade.. Business Insider - Published
Analysts at Capital Economics expect the global growth to slow to its weakest pace since the financial crisis later this year, led by slowdowns in the US, euro-zone and China.
“We.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The impact of the US-China trade war is one of the central themes for US corporations this earnings season.*
· *While uncertainty around trade negotiations has been largely cited as a negative.. Business Insider - Published
· Stock market chaos in the fourth quarter of 2018 created enough market dislocations that traders should be perusing the wreckage for investing opportunities.
· JPMorgan says it's identified a.. Business Insider - Published
Christian Nolting, Global CIO at Deutsche Bank, expects a moderation in global growth and are forecasting it to dip slightly to 3.6% in 2019 from an estimated 3.7% in 2018.
“U.S... FXstreet.com - Published
BANGKOK, Jan 15, 2019 - (ACN Newswire) - Chememan PCL (SET:CMAN) Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Adisak Lowjun discusses the company's strategy and outlook in The Executive Talk (TET) by.. ACN Newswire - Published
BEIJING (AP) — Senior Chinese economic officials say they will slash taxes, step up spending and help resolve financing problems of private and small enterprise to help counter the country's worst.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
· *China has agreed to continue purchasing US soybeans.*
· *Still, economists say it might be too late for the sector to get back to pre-trade-war conditions. *
· *Watch soybeans trade live.*
.. Business Insider - Published
· Quarterly earnings season is getting underway, and it could go a long way towards dictating the future of the stock market.
· A recent uptick in equity volatility has created an uncertain and.. Business Insider - Published
· *Morgan Stanley's chief US equity strategist** says it will be far harder to predict the market's moves in 2019 than last year.*
· *He correctly called the stock market's direction last year.. Business Insider - Published
· *There is now conclusive proof that Europe is in the midst of an economic slump.*
· *Data released on Monday showed that industrial production throughout the whole of the eurozone dropped.. Business Insider - Published