Facebook is getting ahold of sensitive personal information that smartphone owners submit to entirely separate mobile apps, thanks to a software tool that immediately shares that data with the social.. The Verge - Published
When was the last time a social media company could say it had a good week? Because that's something the often overlooked social media platform Pinterest can actually claim today.
On Thursday, the.. Mashable - Published
At least 11 popular apps are reportedly sharing people's sensitive data with Facebook, even if they don't have an account on the social network. The Wall Street Journal found that apps which can help.. engadget - Published
It's no secret that Facebook is harvesting incredible amounts of data on all of its users (and some that don't even use the service), but what may come as a surprise is just how detailed and intimate.. MacRumours.com - Published
New York property firm Savanna may have lost big when Amazon.com Inc. pulled out of Queens. Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) had agreed to rent about 1 million square feet at Savanna’s office tower, known as.. bizjournals - Published
A new investigative report from The Wall Street Journal today looks into the controversial practice of popular third-party iOS and Android apps sending very personal user data to Facebook. In some.. 9to5Mac - Published
· Healthcare giant Optum recently filed a lawsuit against a former employee who joined the healthcare joint venture created by JPMorgan, Amazon, and Berkshire Hathaway.
· Optum is the.. Business Insider - Published
LONDON (Reuters) - On and off the field Chelsea will have their backs well and truly against the wall when they take on an irrepressible Manchester City side in the League Cup final on Sunday. SBS - Published
The “smart” living application teams up with a payment platform to simplify the management of rental properties.
DES MOINES, Iowa (PRWEB) February 22, 2019
Homebase, a platform that enables a.. PRWeb - Published
“Freedom of speech versus freedom of reach.” Pinterest got a positive spate of publicity Thursday as a couple different outlets reported on its policy (“which the company hasn’t previously.. NiemanLab - Published
Here is what you need to know.
1. *Kraft Heinz takes a $15 billion charge, reveals it has been subpoenaed by the SEC. *Kraft Heinz shares plunged 11% late Thursday after the food-products company.. Business Insider - Published
San Francisco (AFP) Feb 20, 2019
Lyft is preparing to list its shares on the Nasdaq exchange as early as next month, jumping ahead of ride-hailing rival Uber, the Wall Street Journal reported.. Energy Daily - Published
San Francisco (AFP) Feb 21, 2019
Pinterest, the online "visual discovery" service which claims some 250 million users, has filed confidentially for a stock market listing, The Wall Street Journal.. Energy Daily - Published
· *America is having a hard time convincing India to reject Huawei's 5G technology, the Wall Street Journal reports.*
· *The US has been lobbying other countries to freeze out Huawei on the grounds.. Business Insider - Published
Tech giant Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) and investment bank Goldman Sachs Group Inc (NYSE:GS) are teaming up to launch a credit card, breaking new ground for both firms. According to a report in the Wall.. Proactive Investors - Published Also reported by •The Verge
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Friday.
1. *Pinterest has reportedly filed for an IPO that could value the company at $12 billion.* Pinterest has filed a confidential S-1.. Business Insider - Published
Pinterest Inc has confidentially filed its Initial Public Offering (IPO) paperwork with the US Securities and Exchange Commission that will valuate the company at an estimated $12 billion (at least),.. WorldNews - Published
Kailash Avhad told Rediff.com that when he appeared before DCP Sandeep Palve, the police officer expressed anger at his RTI applications, caught him by the collar, banged his head against the wall and.. Rediff.com - Published
The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) carries a story on Friday that is focused on the US-China trade talks, citing that the Chinese Vice-Premier Liu He is seen as crucial to ending the trade fight between.. FXstreet.com - Published
· If foldable smartphones become popular following Samsung's Galaxy Fold launch, Apple may struggle to keep up with Samsung, according to a new analyst note from Goldman Sachs.
· But the fact that.. Business Insider - Published
Online image search site Pinterest Inc has confidentially filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission for an initial public offering, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday, citing people.. Reuters India - Published Also reported by •Reuters •Newsmax
Delivery company DoorDash is announcing that it has raised $400 million in Series F financing. Earlier this month, The Wall Street Journal reported that the company was looking to raise $500 million at.. TechCrunch - Published
· *JPMorgan, Amazon, and Berkshire Hathaway in 2018 launched a joint healthcare venture that's aimed at lowering healthcare costs for the companies' employees, but they haven't shared many details.. Business Insider - Published
· Pinterest has filed a confidential S-1 and has its eye on a June IPO, according to the Wall Street Journal.
· The company hired Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan Chase as its lead banks, according to.. Business Insider - Published
Responding to Forbes reporter Ashlea Ebeling’s request, Mr. Lange shared his insight and expertise on why, under the new Trump tax laws “a whole new class of people are now good candidates for Roth.. PRWeb - Published
Following the U.S. sanctions, Venezuela’s oil inventories have swelled to a five-year high, The Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday, citing satellite data—a sign that Venezuelan oil buyers are.. OilPrice.com - Published
Watch VideoA federal judge has granted President Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen an extension on when he has to report for prison.
On Wednesday, the judge agreed to push back the start of.. Newsy - Published
· The housing market got more bad news this week.
· Existing home sales fell again in January, hitting a three-year low.
· This is the latest in a series of gloomy results for the housing.. Business Insider - Published
Covington, Ky., Feb 21, 2019 / 10:39 am (CNA).- Attorneys for Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann announced they filed a $250 million dollar lawsuit against the Washington Post.. CNA - Published
· *The free bikes Facebook provides for its employees are being dumped in surrounding neighborhoods.*
· *This is causing issues, with reports of local kids being stopped by police when they try to.. Business Insider - Published
· *A flurry of news reports Wednesday said Lyft is almost ready to begin the IPO process. *
· *The ride-hailing firm could make its confidential filing public as early as next week, with a.. Business Insider - Published
Apple is teaming up with Goldman Sachs to launch a credit card as it looks beyond mobile payments, according to a new report. The card will be available to the masses later this year, following a trial.. engadget - Published
· * Johnson & Johnson was subpoenaed by the Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission to produce documents relating to the safety of the company's baby powder and other products.. Business Insider - Published
Apple and investment bank Goldman Sachs plan to launch a joint credit card later this year, according to The Wall Street Journal.
The report claims the card will be rolled out to Apple employees for.. MacRumours.com - Published
· *Goldman Sachs is reportedly partnering with Apple to launch a new credit card paired with fresh iPhone features, according to a story from the Wall Street Journal Thursday.*
· *It will be.. Business Insider - Published
Goldman Sachs Group Inc has teamed up with Apple Inc to issue credit cards that will be paired with iPhones and will help users manage their money, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday, citing.. Reuters India - Published Also reported by •Reuters
· IEX published a video on its YouTube channel mocking the high fees other exchanges charge. The video is set to run as an ad on CNBC on February 26 and February 27, according to a spokesman.
·.. Business Insider - Published
Apple and Goldman Sachs are readying a joint credit card, according to the Wall Street Journal. The new credit card will integrate with the Apple Wallet app on the iPhone to offer special features like.. 9to5Mac - Published