“News neutrality by unbiased coverage”
One News Page
> >

100 sickened after eating McDonald's salads

Video Credit: Reuters Studio - Duration: 01:04s - Published < > Embed
News video: 100 sickened after eating McDonald's salads

Health officials in Iowa and Illinois say they are investigating an outbreak of a foodborne illness linked to McDonald's salads.

Linda So reports.


100 sickened after eating McDonald's salads

More than 100 people have become ill from a parasite possibly linked to McDonald's salads.

Health officials in Iowa and Illinois are investigating an outbreak of cyclosporiasis -- an intestinal illness.

Illinois says it has seen about 90 cases since May.

Iowa is reporting 15 cases since June.

McDonald's, the world's largest restaurant chain, says it is working with public health authorities in both states.

And has voluntarily stopped selling salads at the some 3,000 affected locations until it could switch to another lettuce blend supplier.

Cyclospora infections are spread by ingesting food or water contaminated with the parasite.

Several outbreaks have occurred in the U.S. in the past several years linked to contaminated produce.

Symptoms include watery diarrhea, loss of appetite, cramping, bloating, nausea and fatigue.

The outbreak comes on the heels of another major recall of the popular Kellogg's cereal Honey Smacks which has been linked to a salmonella outbreak that has infected 100 people in more than 30 states.

You Might Like

Environmentally friendly: One News Page is hosted on servers powered solely by renewable energy
© 2018 One News Page Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
About us  |  Contact us  |  Disclaimer  |  Press Room  |  Terms & Conditions  |  Content Accreditation
 RSS  |  News for my Website  |  Free news search widget  |  Contact us  |  DMCA / Content Removal  |  Privacy & Data Protection Policy
How are we doing? Send us your feedback  |   LIKE us on Facebook   FOLLOW us on Twitter  •  FOLLOW us on Pinterest