Camera Battery Sparks in Arizona Man's Kitchen
Arizona resident Sean Parker captured video of his Canon DSLR 6D camera battery sparking and letting off smoke in the kitchen of his Tucson home on January 06.In a post to Facebook, Parker said he heard a pop in his kitchen and saw smoke coming from the battery.
The device was sitting unplugged on the counter at the time the sparking began.Parker told Storyful the Canon battery, which is from 2015, ‘self-combusted’ and began to let off the flame.
He stated he was not injured and he has not tested the battery to see if it still works.
Credit: Sean Parker via Storyful