Massive fire burns down 200 stalls at Indian industrial exhibition, injuring nine
A massive blaze broke out at the All India Industrial Exhibition in Hyderabad, south India, on the evening of January 30.
Video of the aftermath shows firefighters battling the flames, which razed several building Nine people were injured and as many as 200 shops were destroyed.
Thirteen fire engines battled to put out the blaze as panicked visitors rushed out to safety, causing a minor stampede.
Officials said there was no loss of life though seven people complained of suffocation and two people suffered minor burns.
All of them have been shifted to nearby hospitals and are recovering.
The fire started at one of the stalls and quickly spread to other shops.
Hyderabad Municipal authorities said an electrical short circuit had caused the fire.
Official estimates said more than 100 shops were gutted, but eyewitnesses and businessmen said 200 shops were destroyed.
About 2500 stalls had been set up at the 45-day All-India industrial exhibition that began on January 1.