Global  

Celebrating 10 Years of Trusted News Discovery
One News Page
> >

49 Confirmed Dead in Mass Shooting at New Zealand Mosques

Video Credit: Wibbitz Studio - Duration: 01:42s - Published < > Embed
49 Confirmed Dead in Mass Shooting at New Zealand Mosques

49 Confirmed Dead in Mass Shooting at New Zealand Mosques

49 Confirmed Dead in Mass Shooting at New Zealand Mosques The shootings occurred at the Masjid Al Noor mosque and the nearby Linwood Masjid mosque in the New Zealand city of Christchurch.

The attack left 49 people dead and 20 others, including children, seriously injured.

The Masjid Al Noor mosque was reportedly full for Friday afternoon prayers at the time of the shooting.

Witnesses stated the shooter entered the mosque with a semi-automatic weapon and began firing into the service.

He then fled from the mosque on foot, triggering a lockdown of the nearby area including several schools.

Four people were apprehended by police, three men and one woman, shortly after the attack.

Officials stated that a 28-year-old man has been charged with the attack.

The man posted a white-nationalist manifesto on Twitter and 8chan, and a link to his Facebook page where he said he would broadcast the shooting.

Investigators also found and defused two improvised explosives attached to one of the attacker's vehicles.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Arden called the attack "one of New Zealand's darkest days." Jacinda Arden, via statement

0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 

Recent related news from verified sources

Dozens killed in mass shooting in New Zealand mosques

Dozens are dead after two mosques were attacked in Christchurch, New Zealand.
USATODAY.com - Published Also reported by •The VergeRTE.ieSI.comChristian Science MonitorDenver Post


New Zealand shooting: Piers Morgan and Stephen Fry lead tributes to 49 victims after horror shooting at mosque

Piers Morgan leads the tributes to victims of the New Zealand mass shooting  [Getty] Stephen Fry and...
OK! - Published

New Zealand bishops ‘horrified’ by mosque attacks

Wellington, New Zealand, Mar 15, 2019 / 10:30 am (CNA).- The New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference...
CNA - Published

Forty dead, 20 seriously wounded in NZ mosque shootings

At least one gunman killed 40 people and wounded more than 20 during Friday prayers at two New...
Reuters - Published Also reported by •Reuters IndiaNPR


Trump Warns of ‘Invasion’ on U.S. Border After Condemning New Zealand Mosque Shooting

President Donald Trump railed against illegal immigration on the southern border on Friday, after...
Mediaite - Published


You Might Like


Tweets about this

charlie21963535

charlie h RT @Breaking_4_News: #BREAKING: 3 Confirmed Dead, 9 Injured Following Mass Shooting And Suspected Terrorist Attack In The City Of #Utrecht,… 17 minutes ago


Recent related videos from verified sources

Christchurch shooting survivor: 'This could have been us' [Video]Christchurch shooting survivor: 'This could have been us'

New Zealander Ashir Rizvi was inside the Linwood mosque when a lone gunman approached and started shooting. Rizvi talks about the emotional rollercoaster he's been riding since surviving New Zealand's..

Credit: Reuters Studio     Duration: 01:38Published

'We are one' says PM Ardern as New Zealand mourns with prayers [Video]'We are one' says PM Ardern as New Zealand mourns with prayers

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern told a crowd of thousands that 'New Zealand mourns with you' as the call to prayer rang out over Christchurch one week after a shooting left 50 people dead...

Credit: Reuters Studio     Duration: 01:24Published

Travellers in Australia fall silent for New Zealand mosque victims [Video]Travellers in Australia fall silent for New Zealand mosque victims

Travellers in an Australian airport lounge observe two minutes of silence for the victims and families of last week's terrorist attack in New Zealand. The filmer wrote: "A two minute silence held in..

Credit: Newsflare     Duration: 00:41Published

New Zealand Observes Muslim Call to Prayer 1 Week After Deadly Mosque Attacks [Video]New Zealand Observes Muslim Call to Prayer 1 Week After Deadly Mosque Attacks

n a day without precedent, people across New Zealand observed the Muslim call to prayer Friday as the nation reflected on the moment one week ago when 50 people were slaughtered at two mosques.

Credit: Time     Duration: 01:15Published

Environmentally friendly: One News Page is hosted on servers powered solely by renewable energy
© 2019 One News Page Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
About us  |  Contact us  |  Disclaimer  |  Press Room  |  Terms & Conditions  |  Content Accreditation
 RSS  |  News for my Website  |  Free news search widget  |  In the News  |  DMCA / Content Removal  |  Privacy & Data Protection Policy
How are we doing? FeedbackSend us your feedback  |   LIKE us on Facebook   FOLLOW us on Twitter  •  FOLLOW us on Pinterest
One News® is a registered trademark of One News Page Ltd.