Global  

Trusted News Discovery Since 2008
One News Page
One News Page > News Videos > Monkey rescued after being electrocuted and burned alive by power lines

Monkey rescued after being electrocuted and burned alive by power lines

Video Credit: Newsflare - Duration: 00:49s - Published < > Embed
Monkey rescued after being electrocuted and burned alive by power lines

Monkey rescued after being electrocuted and burned alive by power lines

This is the heartbreaking moment a monkey was rescued after being electrocuted and losing his sight.

The wounded primate was seen stumbling along the ground after being engulfed by flames from an explosion on overhead power cables in Ratchaburi, western Thailand, on January 3.

He had been walking along the power lines before interfering with the high voltage transformer at the apex of the post.

The blast flung him to the ground where he was seen in a ball of flames.

Concerned locals found the monkey with severe burns across his body and his fur singed.

Vets from the country's Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation arrived and began caring for the creature.

Footage shows Dr. Patarapol Maneeorn giving the monkey water through a syringe on.

He was then taken to an animal hospital where he has been recovering.

The vet said: "The pain that the monkey has been through is like extreme torture.

His face is swollen and there are wounds on his whole body.

''We have used antibiotics to prevent infections and dressed the wounds.

The monkey has also been eating some mashed bananas and honey.

''The team has been nursing him every day.

He is recovering well." Dr. Patarapol said that locals heard a large explosion and saw a ball of sparks and flames which engulfed the monkey.

It then fell to the ground.

Then the hapless monkey was burned so badly by the fire that he lost his sight and has been blind in both eyes.

But medics hope that once the wounds have recovered, his eyesight could return.

They have removed the dead layers of skin and applied a topical solution to ease the pain twice a day.

Sterilising gel has also been applied to the exposed wounds to prevent infections.

Nurses have also had to hand feed the monkey because the wounds around his mouth make it difficult for him to eat.

Dr. Patarapol added: ''The monkey is such a great fighter, he will get well soon.

Even with such severe injuries, there is no breaking his spirit.'

''It's important to treat the life of any animal, no matter how small or how sick, the same and give them the care and attention they deserve.''

0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 

You Might Like


Tweets about this

Environmentally friendly: One News Page is hosted on servers powered solely by renewable energy
© 2020 One News Page Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
About us  |  Contact us  |  Disclaimer  |  Press Room  |  Terms & Conditions  |  Content Accreditation
 RSS  |  News for my Website  |  Free news search widget  |  In the News  |  DMCA / Content Removal  |  Privacy & Data Protection Policy
How are we doing? FeedbackSend us your feedback  |   LIKE us on Facebook   FOLLOW us on Twitter  •  FOLLOW us on Pinterest
One News® is a registered trademark of One News Page Ltd.