Video Credit: Wochit News - Duration: 00:32s - Published
Weinstein Considered Victims 'Disposable'
(Newser) – Harvey Weinstein considered himself such a Hollywood big shot that he thought he could get away with treating aspiring actresses like "complete disposables," Assistant District Attorney Joan Illuzzi-Orbon told a jury in closing arguments Friday at his New York City rape trial.
On a TV monitor next to the jury box, prosecutors displayed photos of Sopranos actress Annabella Sciorra and five other accusers who testified.
A seven-foot bronze sculpture, "Medusa With The Head of Perseus," was unveiled on Tuesday (October 13), across the street from Manhattan Supreme Court, where Harvey Weinstein was convicted. Its author, Italian-Argentine sculptor, Luciano Garbati, said he was inspired by the challenge of revising the popular myth by the Roman poet Ovid.
Newser reports the charges against disgraced Hollywood mogul and sex offender Harvey Weinstein continue to pile up. Los Angeles Country prosecutors say Weinstein was charged Friday with the rape of two more women. The district attorney's office says the charges include three counts of rape and three counts of forcible oral copulation involving the two women. Tallied up, Weinstein is now charged with 11 felony counts in Los Angeles County, involving five women.
Jamie Foxx could be headed back to the Spider-Verse as Electro, Netflix confirms more ‘Cobra Kai’ is on the way and Harvey Weinstein is back in the news after additional charges have been filed against the fallen media mogul.
Credit: The Hollywood Reporter Duration: 01:55Published
A Catholic church's altar in Pearl River, Louisiana, has been ceremonially burned after church officials deemed it had been irreparably defiled and desecrated. The same church, in Pearl River, Louisiana, is also now lacking a priest. He was one of three people who took part in acts that defiled the altar. According to Newser, 37-year-old Father Travis Clark shot video of himself engaging in sexual acts with two professional dominatrices.
An 11-year-old boy in Naples, Italy, took his own life by jumping off a balcony at his family's home. According to Newser, his suicide has been linked to a possible online 'horror challenge' enticing children to take their own lives. However, it's in dispute whether such challenges by the 'man in the black hood' actually exist. One theory says the 'man in the black hood" is really the online character Jonathan Galindo, who wears a creepy dog mask.
Asian American woman Francis Choy spent 17 years in prison for killing her parents in a Massachusetts house fire in 2003. Now, Choy is going free. According to Newser, it's partly because of racist emails about her sent by prosecutors of her case. The judge said the pair exchanged 'racially and sexually offensive emails' that degraded and mocked Choy and her 16-year-old nephew.
12-year-old Georgia girl Kaitlyn Yozviak died in August from cardiac arrest and a secondary cause of severe anemia. According to Newser, Kaitlyn's parents are being charged with second-degree murder. The judge determined Kaitlyn may have died as an indirect result of a severe lice infestation that may have gone on for years. Georgia Bureau of Investigation Special Agent Ryan Hilton testified that Kaitlyn had the most severe infestation the GBI had ever seen.