A man was shocked after biting into a gold RING inside a grilled sausage that he got from a street food truck.
Sutthirak Chaileam, 32, bought several hot dogs from a market in Samut Prakan, central Thailand on February 3.
The mechanic took them home and kept them in his kitchen cupboard before tucking into them later that evening while watching TV.
However, mid-way through the spicy snack he chomped down on a gold sovereign style ring with a dragon pattern on it.
Suttisak said: "I want to know why the sausage had some strange object inside that humans can't eat.
''Even though it's a gold ring, that's not good to me when I'm hungry.
There could be germs on the metal.
"I am now afraid of buying street food because I am not sure how hygienic they are.
I want the ministry of public health or some related organization to take some actions on this."
The gold ring weighs eight grams and has a purity of 96.5 percent - putting the value locally at around 12,704 Thai baht (312GBP).
Suttisak returned it to the street food truck that he brought the sausage from.
Isaan sausages are a popular type of street food seen at mobile barbecues all over Thailand, where they cost around 10 Baht (0.25 GBP) for locals.