Pompeo ‘looking forward’ to 2+2 India-US ministerial dialogue, to raise China concerns
US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo said that he is looking forward to the India-US 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue.
“I am looking forward to our 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue with our Indian friends.
It was postponed because of the virus.
I'm glad that we will be able to execute that in person in just a few days," said Pompeo during a press briefing.
He added, "I'm also sure that my meetings will also include discussions on how free nations can work together to thwart the threats posed by the Chinese Communist Party.” The Trump administration also hit Chinese media outlets in the US with new restrictions.
“They are all substantially owned or controlled by a foreign government.
We’re not placing any restrictions on what these outlets can publish in the United States.
We simply want to ensure that American people, consumers of information, can differentiate between news written by a free press and propaganda distributed by the Chinese Communist Party itself.
US State Secretary Mike Pompeo after attending 2+2 India-US Ministerial Dialogue on October 27 in Delhi said that US will stand with India as they confront threats to their sovereignty, liberty. He said, "US and India are taking steps to strengthen our cooperation against all manner of threats and not just those posed by Chinese Communist Party. Last year, we've expanded our cooperation on cyber issues, our navies have held joint exercises in Indian ocean." "We visited National War Memorial to honour brave men and women of Indian armed forces who sacrificed for the world's largest democracy, including 20 killed by PLA in Galwan Valley. US will stand with India as they confront threats to their sovereignty, liberty" he added.
India has really emerged on the world stage and has become an important global player, said Spokesperson for US State Department, Morgan Ortagus, adding that US needs India to face the emerging global..