Trump Campaign Says It Filed Suit in Michigan to Stop Ballot Counting.
The announcement was made on Wednesday.
President Trump’s campaign has not been provided with meaningful access to numerous counting locations to observe the opening of ballots and the counting process, as guaranteed by Michigan law, Bill Stepien, Trump 2020 campaign manager, via NBC News.
We have filed suit today in the Michigan Court of Claims to halt counting until meaningful access has been granted.
, Bill Stepien, Trump 2020 campaign manager, via NBC News.
We also demand to review those ballots which were opened and counted while we did not have meaningful access, Bill Stepien, Trump 2020 campaign manager, via NBC News.
President Trump is committed to ensuring that all legal votes are counted in Michigan and everywhere else, Bill Stepien, Trump 2020 campaign manager, via NBC News.
The suit was announced at the same time as NBC News was reporting that Biden was leading with 49.5% of the votes versus Trump's 48.8% of votes in the state.
94% of Michigan's ballots had been counted so far.
According to NBC News, a woman at the clerk's office at the Michigan Court of Claims said the office had not yet received the lawsuit, .
Though she was aware of the claims made by the Trump campaign