It's a relatively quiet, holiday-shortened (in the US) week, in which volumes are expected to grind lower as we head into the Thanksgiving holiday.
In the US, existing home sales will be reported on.. Zero Hedge
US index futures are unchanged, having recovered virtually all overnight session losses alongside the EURUSD following Merkel's failure to form a government, while European shares rise despite Angela.. Zero Hedge
Nov.14 -- More transparency in communication is the key, according to four of the world's most powerful central bankers. U.S. Fed Chair Janet Yellen, ECB president Mario Draghi, Bank of England.. Source: Bloomberg Global Business -
Nov.14 -- William Lee, Milken Institute chief economist, discusses why central bankers should be saying more about their approach to forward guidance. He speaks with Bloomberg's Scarlet Fu and Joe.. Source: Bloomberg Global Business -
A rare meeting of some of the world's most important central banks chiefs from Britain, Japan, Europe and the US takes place in Frankfurt. As David Pollard reports, many suspect they'll discuss how.. Source: Reuters Studio -
Nov.14 -- European Central Bank President Mario Draghi, Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen, Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda, and Bank of England Governor Mark Carney discussed forward guidance.. Source: Bloomberg Global Business -
Nov.14 -- European Central Bank President Mario Draghi, Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen, Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda, and Bank of England Governor Mark Carney discuss forward guidance and.. Source: Bloomberg Global Business -
A speech by Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen and minutes from the latest central bank meeting might offer clues on the pace of interest rate increases next year in a week shortened by the.. New Zealand Herald
· *The Fed's plan to shrink its balance sheet gradually may have greater market impact than expected. *
· *The planned $450 billion reduction in the Fed's assets between last month and the end of.. Business Insider
Gold is still range-bound at around US$1,280 per ounce, in spite of day-to-day gyrations in the US dollar as investor enthusiasm for Donald Trump’s tax plans ebb and flow and concern about his.. Proactive Investors
The country needs Yellen’s expertise and judgment at the Fed, and it needs clarity about the limits of the president’s power over the Fed. So I hope she chooses to keep serving as a Fed governor.. Newsmax
Authored by Antonius Aquinas via Acting-Man.com,
Instead of a demonstration of its overwhelming military might intended to intimidate tiny North Korea and pressure China to.. Zero Hedge
· *Inspired by Janet Yellen's leadership and strong labor market focus, the Fed has placed increasing emphasis on its community development function.*
· *The Fed's role stems from its oversight of.. Business Insider
· *Jeff Rosenberg is BlackRock's chief investment strategist for fixed income.*
· *He remains optimistic about the Federal Reserve's quantitative-easing program and sees opportunity for profits in.. Business Insider
· *President Donald Trump is reportedly considering Allianz chief economic advisor and ex-Pimco CEO Mohamed El-Erian for Fed board governor.*
· *The news has been reported by Dow Jones/WSJ and CNBC,.. Business Insider
In what will come as a big surprise to many Fed watchers, moments ago the WSJ reported that among other candidates, *Mohamed El-Erian, former deputy director of the IMF, former head of the Harvard.. Zero Hedge
U.S. index futures declined for the second day in a row, dipping 0.1% to the lowest in more than a week following declines in Asian and European shares. European stocks tried and failed to shrug off.. Zero Hedge
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Reserve's guidance about its likely future policy path is beneficial but should always be viewed as conditional on how the economy actually develops, Fed Chair.. Reuters
Last week marked one year since Donald Trump was elected President of the United States, and in that time US equities have reached almost unprecedented highs.
Much has been made of the so-called.. City A.M.
Stocks inched higher as investors sought out more details around tax reform and the Federal Reserve's pace of interest rate hikes.
Slight gains in major indexes overshadowed a 7.5% decline in.. Business Insider
· *Outgoing Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen received an award for 'ethics in government.'*
· *Her acceptance speech honored the life of the late Senator Paul Douglas, after whom the prize.. Business Insider
· *Wall Street's high hopes for President Donald Trump's tax plan have been a major driver of the stock market rally, and thus investor confidence. *
· *The Federal Reserve's plans to keep raising.. Business Insider