Ronald Hiers spoke out for the first time about a viral live video on facebook of he and his wife passed out in the middle of the street. The two nearly died from a heroin overdose just two blocks away from a hospital as a crowd surrounded them and laughed. Hiers and his wife were both saved by a drug called Narcan after first responders were called to the scene. The couple both had treatment at a rehab clinic. Hiers said about the man filming, "He did not put myself nor my wife in that position. We put ourselves there. Had it been his mother or father on that sidewalk, on their face, he would have certainly called 911 instead of filming a video to see how many hits he could get on it."