Coverage context
5 sources and 5 references are grouped here to show the source evidence behind this ONP dossier.
Seven people, including five Americans and Ecuador's director of national intelligence, Michele Sensi-Contugi, were killed in a safari helicopter crash in remote northern Kenya. NBCUniversal said its Florida-based journalist José Alberto Suárez was among the dead. Sensi-Contugi's wife, Stephany Hollihan, also died. Search and recovery efforts were hampered by fire at the site and difficult terrain, officials said.
NYTimes – World 5 sources and 5 references are grouped here to show the source evidence behind this ONP dossier.
NYTimes – World
BBC News – World Officials say all seven people onboard killed, including Telemundo executive and Ecuador intelligence chief Seven people, including five Americans, were killed when a safari helicopter crashed on Wednesday morning in a remote part of northern Kenya, according to local police and the state department. Among the dead were an executive with Telemundo, the US-based Spanish-language network owned by NBC Universal, and th…
Sky News – World Five Americans are among seven people killed in a helicopter crash in Kenya, the US state department has said.
NYTimes – US Democratic state Rep. Angie Nixon, a progressive who identifies as a democratic socialist, won Florida's Democratic primary for U.S. Senate on Tuesday, defeating Alex Vindman despite being heavily outspent. She will face Republican incumbent Sen. Ashley Moody in November's general election. The Associated Press projected both primary wins.
Sky News – Front Page Actor Hayden Panettiere, 36, died over the weekend at a Greenville, South Carolina apartment while her on-and-off boyfriend Brian Hickerson and his brother Zach were present, according to police reports cited by multiple outlets. Brian and Zach Hickerson made the 911 call that brought first responders to the scene. Panettiere was found in cardiac arrest; officials said there were no signs of foul play, and the cause and manner of death remain under investigation.
NYTimes – US President Donald Trump ordered the U.S. Defense Department to reduce joint military exercises with South Korea, calling the drills “hostile” toward North Korea. South Korea’s joint chiefs of staff said the Ulchi Freedom Shield exercise would end six days early, on 21 August, at the request of the United States. The move comes as Trump seeks talks with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and has drawn mixed reactions in Seoul, where President Lee Jae Myung had previously backed stronger homegrown defenses.