*Tech Innovator & Angel Ian Hetherington To Join the VST Enterprises Ltd Board as Executive Director*
*MANCHESTER, ENGLAND / ACCESSWIRE / February 21, 2020 / **VST Enterprises Ltd (VSTE) *the.. Accesswire - Published
· *Budget phones have never been this good or this affordable. *
· **After lots of testing and research, we found that the** Google Pixel 3a** is the best budget phone you can buy with its sharp.. Business Insider - Published
On Digital Trends Live today: Facebook has a tool where you can now see every app and website sending tracking data back to facebook; Ring is likely sharing data with 3rd parties; The UK decides to add..
Worries about deep fake videos and artificial intelligence took center stage at this year's World Economic Forum and an interactive display gave attendees a chance to create their own deep fake. Ciara..
On the show today: A new report claims Jeff Bezos' phones was hacked by the crowned prince of Saudi Arabia; Sonos will be dropping support for older products; Netflix Q4 domestic subscriber growth was..
The Supreme Court will not hear a case involving Facebook and its facial recognition technology for photos, leaving it open to multi-billion dollar lawsuits from its users. Veuer’s Justin Kircher has..
· Amazon's first-ever employee, *Shel Kaphan,* is speaking out for the first time — and he's got major criticisms of the company he helped shepherd into existence.
· *Among his criticisms, Kaphan.. Business Insider - Published
Enterprises Now Have Access to Fully Wireless, Optical, and Intelligent Network Services across Campuses
LONDON, Feb. 20, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Huawei released its HiCampus solution globally... PR Newswire Asia - Published
· *A Google AI tool that can recognize objects in pictures will no longer attach gender labels like "woman" or "man" to images of people.*
· *Google's Cloud Vision API is used by developers to.. Business Insider - Published
OLYMPIA — Washington state senators Wednesday approved a bill that would begin regulating the use of facial-recognition programs by local and state governments. Sponsored by Sen. Joe Nguyen, D-White.. Seattle Times - Published
After expressing interest in processing campus security camera footage with facial recognition software, UCLA is backing down. In a letter to Evan Greer of Fight for the Future, a digital privacy.. TechCrunch - Published
· *For $699, the iPhone 11 is the best choice for most buyers because it has nearly all the same specs as the high-end iPhone 11 Pro models, but it costs $300 to $400 less.*
· *The iPhone 11 Pro and.. Business Insider - Published
From smart devices to facial recognition, AI is the technology of the future and the EU is eager to play a central role in defining codes of conduct to safeguard people's rights. Al Jazeera - Published
· Now that Samsung has announced the Galaxy S20, the company has given its older Galaxy S10 phones from 2019 a price cut.
· Google's Pixel 4, another affordable alternative to the Galaxy S20, falls.. Business Insider - Published
Uber has just been given a new one-year licence to continue in Birmingham and pledges to do more to ease safety fears - including introducing driver facial recognition technology Walsall Advertiser - Published Also reported by •Tamworth Herald
· Europe revealed ambitious plans to challenge US and Chinese dominance in tech and artificial intelligence.
· The EU wants to make it easier for local businesses, tech firms, and startups to trade.. Business Insider - Published
LONDON (AP) — The European Union is unveiling proposals to regulate artificial intelligence that call for strict rules and safeguards on risky applications of the emerging technology.
The report.. SeattlePI.com - Published
Brussels (AFP) Feb 19, 2020
From translation apps to facial recognition, artificial intelligence is becoming a major part of everyday life and the European Union is eager to bring order to this.. Energy Daily - Published
Authoritarian resistance to criticism and full accountability of leadership may limit China’s global ambitions.
By Börje Ljunggren*
China has entered a “third era” with President Xi.. Eurasia Review - Published
· Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is meeting with EU lawmakers in Brussels this week, and they're not making things easy for him.
· Zuckerberg is speaking to competition commissioner Margrethe.. Business Insider - Published
Police in New Delhi are using facial recognition to identify protesters. Activists are worried about the lack of regulation around the technology; they are also sharing tips on evading detection. Deutsche Welle - Published
A leaked document from a county in China’s northwest details the personal information of some 3,000 Uyghurs. It gives violation of birth control policies as the most common reason for their.. Eurasia Review - Published Also reported by •CNA
LONDON (AP) — Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg met top European Union officials on a visit to Brussels on Monday, days before the bloc is expected to release new proposals on regulating artificial.. SeattlePI.com - Published
Police in India have been using facial recognition technology during protests against a new citizenship law that critics say marginalises Muslims. Sydney Morning Herald - Published Also reported by •The Age
When artist Rachita Taneja heads out to protest in New Delhi, she covers her face with a pollution mask, a hoodie or a scarf to reduce the risk of being identified by police facial recognition.. Reuters India - Published Also reported by •Reuters •IndiaTimes
The EU’s digital and competition chief has said that automated facial recognition breaches GDPR, as the technology fails to meet the regulation’s requirement for consent. Margrethe Vestager,.. The Next Web - Published
Law enforcement agencies across the United States and Canada are using Clearview AI — a secretive facial recognition startup with a database of 3 billion images — to identify children who are.. SFGate - Published
Brussels (AFP) Feb 16, 2020
Amid fears of a Big Brother-style society ruled by machines, the EU will urge authorities and companies to think hard before rolling out facial recognition technology... Energy Daily - Published
It might have started as a novelty idea, but a Twitter pitch for "Face ID compatible respirator masks" went to some unexpectedly cool places.
It started on Saturday when Danielle Baskin — "a.. Mashable - Published