Skip to main content
Global Edition
Monday, July 15, 2024

United Arab Emirates

Country in West Asia


United Arab Emirates
United Arab Emirates

The United Arab Emirates (UAE), or simply the Emirates, is a country in West Asia, in the Middle East. Located at the eastern end of the Arabian Peninsula, it shares borders with Oman and Saudi Arabia; as well as maritime borders in the Persian Gulf with Qatar and Iran. The United Arab Emirates is an elective monarchy formed from a federation of seven emirates. As of 2024, the UAE would have an estimated population of about 10 million. Emirati citizens are estimated to form 11.6% of the population, with the remaining residents forming upto 88.4% of the UAE population composed of expatriates, the majority of whom are of South Asian descent. Islam is the official religion and Arabic is the official language. Abu Dhabi is the country's capital, while Dubai, the most populous city, is an international hub.

0 shares 11 views

News coverage

You might like

United Arab Emirates media coverage