Global  

WHO strongly rejects 'unfounded' Mike Pompeo allegations

Independent Wednesday, 22 July 2020 ()
US secretary of state claimed head of WHO 'bought' out by China in deal that later led to 'dead Britons'
0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 

You Might Like


💡 One News Page Knowledge: Other News Mentions

World Health Organization World Health Organization Specialized agency of the United Nations

US doubtful over Chinese, Russian COVID-19 vaccine as race heats up

Six months after the World Health Organisation declared a global emergency, the novel coronavirus has killed at least 679,000 people and infected at least 17.9..
WorldNews

WHO suggests Ahmedabd Covid-19 measures as case study: Gujarat government

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has appreciated the management of Covid-19 in Gujarat's Ahmedabad and suggested to take up various measures being implemented..
IndiaTimes

Covid-19 a “once-in-a-century health crisis” with effects to last decades: WHO

The effect of the pandemic will last for decades, the World Health Organization (WHO) warned on Friday. "The pandemic is a once-in-a-century health crisis, the..
WorldNews

Virus wreaks economic havoc as global cases top 17 million

Shares The scale of economic devastation from the pandemic was laid bare on Thursday as Western economies recorded historic slumps, just as resurgent caseloads..
WorldNews

Careless youth driving some Covid spikes, says WHO

GENEVA: The WHO on Thursday warned that spikes in coronavirus transmission in a number of countries were being driven by young people “letting down their..
WorldNews

Mike Pompeo Mike Pompeo 70th U.S. Secretary of State and former director of the C.I.A.

'TikTok may be banned in US,' says President Donald Trump [Video]

'TikTok may be banned in US,' says President Donald Trump

The United States may ban Chinese-video sharing app TikTok, said President Donald Trump, amidst rising tensions between Beijing and Washington on a range of issues. "We are looking at TikTok, we may be banning TikTok. We may be doing some other things, we have a couple of options. We are looking at a lot of alternatives with respect to TikTok," he said. Trump added that he would sign an executive order and take action as soon as Saturday. In July, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had said that the Trump administration was considering a ban on TikTok application. The ban on access to TikTok was being considered over privacy concerns, Pompeo had added. Video-sharing application TikTok is owned by Beijing-based startup ByteDance. Recently, India had banned 59 Chinese mobile apps including TikTok, WeChat and Helo. Most of the apps banned in the June 29 order were red-flagged by intelligence agencies. The apps were banned with a view of threat to the nation's sovereignty and security.

Credit: HT Digital Content    Duration: 01:53Published

House Foreign Affairs chairman subpoenas Secretary of State Pompeo

Washington (CNN)The chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee subpoenaed Secretary of State Mike Pompeo Friday to turn over documents related to the Bidens..
WorldNews

Chinese claims in Bhutan, incursion in India are indicative of their intentions: Pompeo

"Claims that they have now made for real estate in Bhutan, the incursion that took place in India, these are indicative of Chinese intentions, and they are..
IndiaTimes
After India, will US ban Tiktok?: Watch Donald Trump's response [Video]

After India, will US ban Tiktok?: Watch Donald Trump's response

US President Donald Trump has said that his government is looking at banning Chinese video-sharing application Tiktok. When asked a question on the issue, the US President said they are looking into the issue and are thinking about making a decision. This comes after Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said that the US government was carrying out a national security review on TikTok and that his department would advise Trump what, if any, needs to be taken against it. Earlier in the month, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said that the Trump administration was considering a ban on access to the TikTok application over privacy concerns. Meanwhile, Beijing has accused the US of using government mechanisms to pressure Chinese companies. Tiktok has claimed that user data is safe and not shared with Chinese authorities. This comes after India earlier banned the video-sharing app and several others over privacy concerns. The US had lauded India's decision and said that the move will protect India's integrity and national security. Watch the full video for all the details.

Credit: HT Digital Content    Duration: 01:19Published

British people British people Citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, British Overseas Territories, Crown Dependencies, and their descendants

'Shoulders, knees and toes to follow': Britons react to Boris Johnson's new coronavirus slogan 'Hands, Face, Space'

'Why do those who lead us think we only understand glib soundbites?' asks one commentator
Independent

Coronavirus: Public switching off from lockdown rules due to 'deplorable' government messaging, say experts

Britons 'getting alienated', warns member of Independent Sage group of scientists
Independent

Coronavirus: Boris Johnson claims 'massive success' despite England having highest excess death rate in Europe

PM says virus re-emerging in countries abroad and urges Britons not to 'lose focus'
Independent

New study explores British people's 'disgusting' property viewing experiences

Almost half of Britons blame filthy carpets, dirty dishes in the sink and the smell of cats
Independent

Boris Johnson elbow bumps police officer while not wearing mask, breaking social distancing guidelines

PM urged Britons not to 'lose focus' and to keep observing the guidelines
Independent

Tweets about this